The night view before the update was the most beautiful

The last time looks more realistic.
Because the updated night view only looks like a GIF picture.
and The road lights are too bright.
Many people want us to return to the previous night view.

5 Likes

This post says otherwise… and I agree with them…

2 Likes

it actually does not. The entire thread converged towards favoring the old night lighting

3 Likes

I dunno… I don’t like the old lighting because my terrain emits light on its own… I’m just saying while it’s not currently perfect at the moment, I think it’s a step to the right direction and just need to improve it and tweak.

At least now we have actual light sources that shines the light. They just need to tweak it a little to make it more proportional to different density and brightness instead of uniform.

Going back to the old lighting is a step backwards. It’s time to move forward, make improvements, make it better.

2 Likes

terrain only emits on its own at very high heights. The alternative would be active lighting, but at such heights the amount of lighs visible would kill your fps. That’s why they did the famous ‘sepia mask’’ and self emitting terrain. No way around it without killing your fps to 0.1fps.

1 Like

Really? I saw the terrain emits light when I’m hovering at 500 ft over my city…

I’m not complaining though, it is what it is… I don’t really care how they design and change the lighting. I still enjoy it anyway.

1 Like

Yes, can we leave this alone for a bit so they can improve other things?

2 Likes

I disagree, night lighting is fine, before it was washed out, now seems much better. That’s just my opinion, we’re all subjective when it comes to graphical changes.

2 Likes

I preferred night lighting before. I think the terrain emitting light nicely represented light pollution. I however think it was slightly overdone and should have been more subtle.

2 Likes

I think you can simulate light pollution by increasing the aerosol density in the weather slider.

1 Like

old night lighting was bad and this patch one is worse, role on next patch when its no better and more bugs

1 Like

I’m fine with either one. At no point while I’m flying am I focusing on wether this or that road should have lights. I am thinking long term thoughts like when will the autopilot stop banking into a death roll, or will we see fully implemented VNAV. And then there’s those who are plagued with CTD and much more related to core functionality.

My point is I think it’d be better if we as a community kept focusing on the long term and then focus on the details. Plus at some point there has to be drawn a line otherwise this will never stop.

3 Likes

You think that is accurate? Much too bright and too many lights.

2 Likes

next patch we will have 3 moons and the night will look like daytime :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I took that screenshot last night… It might be a little too much but I love it :smiley: I mean… look at P3D :smiley:

1 Like

The current setting is fine in countries with large land and low building height, such as the United States and other countries. So, I think the current setting is good depending on the country. However, in a country like Japan where the land is small and the buildings are high, the current setting is strange. It’s changed a bit with this update, but it still looks unrealistic. Japan is bright overall. Most people in Japan want the settings back.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.