šŸ©¹ The patch everyone was waiting for (Jul 30) has been released! (topic emotion grade: lively, but still civil)

The countdown is on. Donā€™t forget to minimise to your taskbar to save the planet! :grinning:

1 Like

That actually was arguably the best advice concerning the updateā€¦

:thinking:

ā€¦Apart from removing third party appsā€¦

:wink:

1 Like

The Xbox Series X is actually better than probably two-thirds of peopleā€™s PCs on here.

It has an 8 core processor running at 3.8 GHz which is roughly equal to an AMD 3700X and its GPU is broadly equal to a 2080. It runs with 16 GB ram, and uses a Nvme drive.

The LOD nerfing isnā€™t about dumbing down the PC version to run on the Xbox itā€™s about helping people with less than top-end PCs run and enjoy the game well too.

Basically anybody running a PC below a 3700x, 2080 and no Nvme drive is running lower power than the Xbox series X.

4 Likes

Something cannot be washed out and oversaturated at the same time, itā€™s one or the other, also, see screen shots. Nothing looks either washed out or oversaturated to me. VR has an issue but the colour fidelity on those headsets is less than stellar to begin with.

1 Like

Hear, hear. Wisdom influx alert!!! Fasten your seat belts buddies and take this in!

Thanks for posting.

1 Like

And how does the Xbox S compare? Just curious.

You may not want them, but I DO, why? My internet connection is 15 MBPM that is 15 megabits per minute, very slow. I can load a DVD game in 2 hours versus downloading this mess which takes over two DAYS. The update, which is almost a complete rewrite of the game will take me 3 days to get. Because itā€™s broken at the store level for me, I have to rebuild OS from OEM state, reset does not work. Then will have to download via a slow connection all those hundreds of MS Windows 10 updates another two days, then install all my software, another two days, then and only then will I attempt to download this POS game again. And that assumes, ASOBO gets the V5 Fixed before I attempt that. If I had DVDā€™s, I could do the above and then install base game, which would take me couple hours instead a week which is what I am looking at now. SO I want DVDā€™s.

Itā€™s essentially a good mid-tier PC for a lot less money. Itā€™s a good buy if you can get one.

1 Like

Itā€™s possible to buy MSFS2020 on DVD. Itā€™s 10 of them! Saw it on Walmart.

In agile software development, development teams tend to focus on getting the biggest bang for the buck.

You have a backlog of items to take care of and new features. They get selected, based on time, manpower and budget into a minimum viable product. Update releases happen on a regular cadence afterward.

I think a big problem is that there are multiple audiences using MSFS. There are people like me who are IFR only, using this as a tool to keep the instrument scan alive. Then there are VFR fliers who may dabble in instrument procedures here and there but look out the window a lot more than I do.

Asoboā€™s perception of minimum viable product will be very different between people like me who want systems to work and are willing to sacrifice visuals and those who want to look outside. So they end up doing something in the middle which leaves everybody in a gripe fest.

I myself was on the gripe train until recently, but Iā€™ve also been a product manager in the past, so I understand the tradeoffs they might be making.

And I donā€™t think itā€™s Xbox vs pc. If Iā€™m guessing right, if I were in their shoes, Iā€™d want a stable code branch on which everyone is operating. Then, I can release platform specific updates to optimize user experience.

1 Like

Lower end PC, 1650 level GPU, SSD drive rather than Nvme, same 8 core processor but lower clock cycle. Itā€™s probably still equal to a lot of users on here with older computers, 1080ā€™s, 7700k etc.

1 Like

Yes it can if Eye Adaptation function is messed up. And i think it is after SU5.

On 27th I made the mistake to download immediately at 15.00. Today I will wait. At least until 15.01. :grin:

4 Likes

Reset did not work, store not found on PC. Going to take PC back to OEM using recovery disk. Will be at least 5-7 days before attempt getting V5. I went off on another post about the distribution method, and why many of us would be better off with DVD"s for install. Everyone has super fast internet except me. 15 MBPM=mega bits per minute, or that is what it feel like. The game V5 was almost complete rewrite, so 2-3 days for me to get it DLā€™ed and installed. Almost not worth the trouble, but no refunds for purchase, so stuck.

1 Like

I disagree. I did literally every single thing microsoft and asobo recommended. I tried tirelessly for two days to stop the CTDs. You are simply wrong here. Many computer savvy people had issues they didnā€™t have before SU5. People who keep saying the problems are not widespread or are user issues are simply missing the reality that SU5 broke the sim for many people. Sorry to those who canā€™t see that due to a need to be falsely righteous, but it is the simple truth. SU5 broke things and many many users are not happy with that result. Luckily Asobo is releasing a hotfix, so I will be patient and see. However, the people crying about others complaints is as annoying and childish as the rant crowd. And now here I am complaining about the people complaining about the complaintsā€¦jeeeeeez, ugly time in MSFS.

Hope the patch allows my gpu to run at 100% all the time because right now it runs at 60% on the ground and 100% in the air giving me almost double fps when in the air.

1 Like

Yes I see your issue. We are all very lucky with our high bandwidths.
But even on dvd I would think the loading of the scenery tiles would be slow and stuttery.
Is in your situation this sim the best choice?

And would you want this because of stutters on ground level?

I found that using the NVIDIA ā€œControl Panelā€ adjustments really made a difference for me. Oh, and Iā€™m using HDR with an HDR monitor.

Gamma, Brightness, Contrast and Digital Vibrance.

With the external camera, I set those controls so I get great looking detail in the clouds (set on Ultra). Digital Vibrance to get the colors punched up just the right amount so they arenā€™t drab, but they arenā€™t cartoony either.

Then I switch to the Cockpit camera and make really small tweaks as needed.

Definitely makes a huge difference to the overall picture quality.

1 Like

Half hour and then the Hammer will hit the Anvil!!!