šŸ©¹ The patch everyone was waiting for (Jul 30) has been released! (topic emotion grade: lively, but still civil)

I think I read something along those lines in the patch notes.

Great news!

Iā€™ve honestly not had any performance related issues to speak of, so Iā€™m just hoping those minor bugs all get sorted out. :blush:

As a design choice, Iā€™m still not a big fan of the brightness/washed-out look of the sim right now in broad daylight. From my understanding, this wasnā€™t a performance related change, so Iā€™m not sure why they changed it? Anybody else feel the same?

Anyway, everyone just relax a bit. Good things come to those who wait.

1 Like

Youā€™re wrong. The performance upgrade is due to the XBOX release. I am proud of the development team. A real milestone in the performance upgrade! We got a simulator!

The bugs will be fixed, a little patience is needed!

2 Likes

Looking at the release notes it definitely looks like a step in the right direction. My only concern is that people might expect too much from this hotfix and when it doesnā€™t fix what they want theyā€™ll jump straight back on the forum and itā€™ll be round 2 of negative posts.

2 Likes

For TCA bug (no engine start number 1)

Open the controls menu and remove
ā€œToggle Engine 2 Fuel Valveā€ - Set to Joystick Button 4
ā€œToggle Engine 1 Fuel Valveā€ - Set to Joystick Button 3

This works

Really? so your sim is working perfectly? find that hard to believe buddyā€¦

Iā€™m fine if it fixes the CTDs and pauses.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to say, but you can count on itā€¦ itā€™s never been different :wink:

Again sorry to say, but itā€™s perfect for me!
ā€œWhen one matches expectations with reality, thereā€™s no end to happiness.ā€
GhostlyFrend July 30, 2021, patch day.

1 Like

so does mine and a load of others, thousands of people are flying right now.

2 Likes

where did I say it works perfectly?
But it isnt unplayable or broken in any regard

If it wasnā€™t so painful that video would be really funny. :laughing:

Can we stop with the divisive labeling please?

3 Likes

I have mentioned in another postā€¦ These are not negative posts, certain grp of users need to stopped seeing any criticism of updates or listing of issues as whinning or complains and"try" to discourage such by using words indirectly and suggesting these users are the problem etc.

Its part of the modern support model that one either use ticketing system ( which may not always give you meaningful or quick responses) or rely in official forums for community self help when they have issue with the product.

For those that have no issue with update, you are really not compelled to read those " negative" postā€¦ if it is out of humanity or compasionate to developer, i suggest to donate to them or purchase more digital copies as a support. Else pls see this forum as a tool which is part of price paid and the support option available.

2 Likes

Performance upgrade? Next, how do we achieve 200fps, remove all trees and buildings, a real milestone to be proud of!

4 Likes

Sim is not unplayable for me, but I sympathise with those who canā€™t get loaded at all or are continually CTD-ing in flight and hopefully the patch will improve this a lot. Iā€™ve completed a couple of more legs of my round the world trip, and you can see my progress/screenshots linked below. Had a couple of CTDs on leg 76 which was annoying (luckily FlightControlReplay to the rescue) and had a fair few long freezes on leg 77 (but see here for a potential workaround: Possible workaround to unfreeze from long freezes)

1 Like

You realize that only a minority gets gamepass ONLY to fly in msfs2020? The vast majority just flies less after a while, and a minority probably stops flying entirely, but will most likely continue playing the rest of the many games accessible by gamepass. This wont hurt microsoft in the slightest and they know that perfectly well. After all, before even planning a new sim, you do some calculations regarding that stuff. Theyā€™re prepared and know what they want to do with the sim, hence the 10 year frame. Nothing happening now is happening by accident.

They should have done it from launch of the sim tbh, but they are going to make the change and enforce it at some point. Payware will defo want to make this change ebcause theyā€™ll want to access the xbox market where this will be mandatory, so they wonā€™t be an issue. Freeware? Who knows. I think if you are doing it from scratch the overhead probably isnā€™t too bad. If youā€™ve got a lot of back catalogue to update, who knows.

oh ok! interesting, so your ground textures at altitude have been perfect? Your LOD distance has been superb and improved and no pop ins at all? oh how about the bush trips been able to enjoy them crash free? NAH!

I fly almost entirely IFR (IRL and in sim).

The visuals donā€™t bother me because Iā€™m not looking too closely at them. When Iā€™m that close to the ground, both airliner and GA, Iā€™m in a high workload environment that has me paying attention to other things - rate of descent, speed restrictions, ATC instructions, staying ahead of the plane for the approach.

I have no problems. Since 1.18.13.0 released, Iā€™ve had 1 CTD. Thatā€™s night and day better than before. The fact that Iā€™m pleased with the update is being overshadowed by the people who are vocal about the visuals.

Yes, they have something to complain about, but I donā€™t think that itā€™s true that everyone is displeased with this update. You win some, you lose some. We have a patch coming today, letā€™s see what future updates bring.

And remember - at the end of the day, weā€™re a bunch of people on the internet griping about a video game. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes