The reason why Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Have So many glitches and instable bugs

also doesn’t explain why they’re having so many problems on the xbox version

3 Likes

But the msfs requires RTX 3090 :frowning: which most of us dont have :frowning:

Don’t be overly dramatic. An RTX 3080Ti works just fine :wink:

1 Like

I dont see where msfs is working to fix any problems at all. Have they fixed the AI pilot probems ? been over two years thts been a real mess . The real weather is a joke at best they need to fix the sim before they do any more updates . Solve the prob;ems that are on the sim totaly before you do any more updates

Without numbers that’s pretty meaningless. I personally believe broken marketplace mods are their major problems and reading known problems and deleting affected mods until a fix is found the cure… It certainly isn’t ideal because one unreported bad mod could still break a lot of Xboxes.

But I am 3080 not ti :((((((((((((((((((((( and I have issue with 4K optimization :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

To be honest the performance difference between a 2080 and 3090 in FS2020 is pretty much negligible because the GPU is always waiting anyway.

@1440 pancake I didn’t even note a significant improvement over my old 1080ti (except in VR which went from vomit inducing unplayable to merely poorly performing/not bad)

I think this title will actually really start to see better performance with the next gen of Intel and AMD CPU’s and chipsets which will have greater data transfer rates for network, local storage etc and which will also see some performance gains from DDR5 as that matures.

1 Like

Even a massive hardware performance increase in CPU’s, GPU’s. etc. will not overcome bad software coding.

1 Like

yes I agreee, the optimization is very bad, hope fully wait the dlss

No problems here, my sim flies beautifully … MSFS is an ongoing project, I expect some bugs and they do seem to get fixed very quickly although this can affect other things but that’s normal. E.g. GTA5, a sandboxed product took five years to produce and still they were patching for weeks and months afterwards. So let’s see where MSFS is in two or three years time before making such snide remarks.

1 Like

Star Citizen is finally ready, and Earth is one of 200 fully developed planets. :joy: :rofl: :joy:

Um, not really. There are minimum requirements listed to run the game. Asobo only has to assure it works on those specs. OS (Windows), MB, GPU and CPU makers and brands have industry standards too. They all do the same job, and any extras should not effect it’s primary goal and minimum requirements.
Asobo has a lot to do and I’m sure it’s not easy, but assuring it works on the listed equipment IMHO, is not that hard.
As far as the calculations per second… well that’s Intel, AMD, Nvidia, etc… not Asobo.

Edit: I just read what I wrote… I’m coming off as condescending and smug and I really didn’t mean it that way. Just the list of excuses by and for Asobo… I guess it’s making me cynical.

1 Like

What is the Max FPS?

I’ve seen 1200+ FPS in MSFS. ( not during flight of course )

stoppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp plz …

I disagree. I had an 2080 Ti and now got a 3080 Ti and there is a very big difference. I could go up from high to ultra on flat screen 4k and finally can get decent performance and visuals with 100/100 render scaling in VR (Reverb G2).

We agree, yes. To your point, I was also stating that there were “stupid bugs” as you mentioned as well on the other platforms. You would think with the legacy of flight simulators for the decades they’d been around that we wouldn’t see these types of bugs, but, reality is that to your point, bugs do and will always exist. I’d almost say if there are no bugs, then we aren’t doing enough to improve.

I will view it as how much more bug free and stable does the platform become over time. I don’t ever expect zero bugs. Someone is resting on their laurels if that becomes the case. We see more bugs in MSFS at the moment because they are a quantum leap ahead and more innovative than any of the other platforms, at the moment. The others may continue to be happy with relatively stable environments but they will lose out on innovation and progress. Stuff must break to advance.

On MSFS, If releases keep coming that are adding new features, and new bugs keep increasing, I’d agree that something must change. I’ve personally been there with a situation like this releasing a global fleet management solution. When bugs continued to mount, we didn’t just keep on adding new features. We froze development and fixed the critical bugs and tested before moving forward.

Times are different now, but I’m confident the team will get things sorted where we have “acceptable” bugs that are not considered “critical” for our community. Patience will provide us with an amazing platform that we’ll enjoy for years to come. We must all grow together.

Agree with just about everything posted in this thread. Certainly Microsoft’s culture is updates constantly, with windows, so MSFS constant updates, breaks etc is not surprising. At this point, because of Nvidia this time, I have not ran this for over a week, so I do alot of truck driving in my only other simulator. All in all, my PC has MSFS, always will as it had since the VERSION 5 that was on multiple floppy disks!! So I wait, it is always loaded, just not able to use now and then.

Yes, at 4k (and with high Res VR) the GPU begins to pull some weight.
My 3090 makes a difference with VR and the same was observed with 2080 (VR being ok)

However, even my 1080ti could run ultra at 1440 and perform pretty well where my 3090 is barely utilized at that same resolution.
What I observed wasn’t so much a difference in performance between those two cards, rather a difference in GPU utilisation.

*Note. 3090/1080/2080 comparison tests were around late winter/early spring 2021
Note also, in late 2021/early 2022 I’m not really expecting or suggesting anybody to buy a 1080ti still an ok card but not much point trying to find one unless you have it just kicking around like I did.

Yes, I have to say msfs needs a lot improvement, and I am looking for ward to buy star citizen, it is a tremendous game, but my wallet is not very appreciate with that :frowning:

The 4K msfs gaming optimization isnt good enough