The sim has NEVER looked and performed so well

It looks stuttery as hell in 4k in that video or is that the recording software doing that?

3 Likes

Honestly I think 200 LOD is now much better than before, there is nothing that has come even close to how the game looks now.

That being said, there seems to be a small pop-in effect when turning the camera very fast, that will most likely be solved in due time. Overall I would keep the LODs at max and would not bother upgrading them any further.

4 Likes

Yeah, the recording software is not the best, but I was getting a minimum of 30fps and 0 stutters, with a decent, but not super pro gamer pc

2 Likes

I’m very very impressed. Just upped my settings and was able to fly around london with a minimum fps of 26, on high preset with ultra trees ultra vector data, with LOD’s at 200. Hats of to the devs for this one.

spec is 9700k OC 5Ghz with a gtx1060 3gb GPU 32Gb RAM 3200mhz and a samsung 980 nvme, and it was Smooth.

7 Likes

Finally some positivity!

9 Likes

So far in 2.0 hours of flying around AZ to different airports its been quite good. The C172 G1000 has some issues of course, but overall very flyable and enjoyable. Couldn’t tell ya FPS since I don’t really pay attention to it, but the sim is very fluid and smooth so far. Off to Calif next to do some city flying where I learned to fly… KLGB

6 Likes

There are a few crashes here and there, and uncompatible sceneries/planes, but that will be solved within a few days and we will be left with a sim that has doubled its performance and destroyed stuttering.

Do you realize CTD’s are present for over a year or so… ? As for the “amazing performance” have you seen this?

2 Likes

These are your specs taken from the video description:
RTX3070
16GB RAM
RYZEN 5 3600

I’ll be very happy if I get the same result with my 3070

1 Like

All software is buggy and on the brink of breaking pretty much all the time, if you worked in the industry you’d understand this as a simple fact, and appreciate that any of this wizardry even works at all.

3 Likes

Those are correct, a good PC but not an elite one by any standards. I do have a better one back in Madrid though, after summer I will test it with my 3080 :smiley:

I just recorded one more video for you guys, just to show how smooth everything is now, I honestly can’t believe my eyes, I never ever dreamt of getting this kind of performance (minimum of 40fps all ultra 4k):

2 Likes

What I understand (from 40+ years of experience in the field) is Microsoft has been allowed to get away with sloppy programing for way too long.

1 Like

I totally agree. I was able to move up a notch in graphic settings. And it’s still smooth. Simply awesome. I’ve seen a few bugs here and there but nothing major. Love the quick load times.

4 Likes

See I’m with you. If I doubted for one second Asobo’s dedication to constant improvement I’d be worried. But I’m fully of the “you have to break a few eggs” mindset now. They are trying to improve this sim every day.

5 Likes

What exactly does X-Plane have as a base that makes it a functioning flight simulator, and what exactly MSFS does not have? Sorry but I don’t see anything.

5 Likes

Ok well who are the good guys then?
I can’t think of any software that doesn’t have issues on an open platform.
I do agree that MS in general need to get there Shhhh together but I can’t think of any widely deployed software developers that don’t have similar problems.

1 Like

It’s very pretty in 4K to be sure, for some reason when viewing the clip you put up, it appears to be stuttering? Am I crazy or is it actually ‘not’ smooth? I’m not talking about when you move the viewpoint via mouse, I’m talking about just watching the buildings go by… may I ask what is your hardware setup/clock speed? Is this on your PC (not XBox)? Thanks in advance! Good job filming!

No fun allowed, it seems. If someone starts a thread to say something positive somebody else has to come in and bring up their complaints, the half dozen other threads about the same complaints aren’t enough.

Considering how old the FS audience skews by video game standards, and considering how bent out of shape some get at FS being called a game, it’s ironic that this community ranks right up there with the worst game communities I’ve seen in terms of people acting like toxic children.

12 Likes

Must say after finally finishing the update I’m super happy with the performance gained more than 10 fps even after turning settings up and even wih live weather enabled. I had to use clear weather before to run at 4k at 80 render scale smoothly on my rtx 2070 so glad I didn’t splash the cash on an overpriced gpu now. But see what you mean it never has looked so good. Colours look way better and textures on buildings look better than before comparing that with some buildings I made at an airport that I cant talk about lol

3 Likes

Ctd’s are ALMOST always due to community stuff, or even payed add ons. So give it a little time, please.
The most unstable update… maybe you’re right, but also the biggest overhaul of code since launch day!
I hope that you’ll get to enjoy it soon!

2 Likes

Try bringing up the resource monitor to see the cpu cores. No longer do you see one maxed out core. It’s now many cores running.

1 Like