The Sim on Xbox is (not?) Sublime Right Now

Anyone experiencing an increased number of CTDs just lately, that aren’t preceded by black screens? Hadn’t had a single one for six weeks but 5-6 since last weekend. A couple were totally random, in that they occurred in the cruise or right after I loaded the sim, before I got to do any flying. No recent add-on purchases and I’m not flying anything/anywhere different.

It has been mentioned previously but I’ve also noticed that downloads lately - whether they be routine updates or purchased content - seem to hover around 2-3mbits/s, and only spike into more typical speeds for no more than a few seconds. I have to wonder if this is compounding or even causing my recent CTD issues.

I’ve been on xbox since release, only had 1 ctd , but I don’t have any additional scenery or airports and I avoid the really busy airports

3 Likes

I haven’t had any crashes at all on Series X (my usual caveat that I don’t use any third party scenery).

However the download speed issue is quite persistent and has been going on for some time now. I recall seeing a thread about it in the bugs forum somewhere.

1 Like

i also noticed that server has changed , in France we used to be connected to west Europe server and now, since several monthes we are linked to North Europe, that means longer time server response … and obviously longer time to download textures…

You know that you can change which server you’re connected to ?

@Lamerlock7501 @SteveW3647

FYI, those servers you’re connecting to are just for Multiplayer.

See:

2 Likes

Pretty much the same as me.

Correct servers have no impact on LOD/rendering (selectable servers that is)

As a XBox X user, I haven’t had a CTD in months. My system defaults to the Western USA server. I have the 1TB exspantion card. I also always quit MSFS on completion of my games playing. I have flown Planes from the simple C 175 to PMDG’s DC 6. I’ve been on dirt runways, unimproved beaches and complex airports like KJFK.
IM (not so) HO. I’m a 8 out of 10 happy camper.

dw

3 Likes

Asobo JFK or add-on?

Also, do you have other games installed?

Me thinks CTD/BS may be related to the console cache. Especially if you have other games sitting in “quick resume”. But even if they aren’t the other games can still be taking up some of the cache. And even if you don’t have other games, previous MSFS plays can be using the cache.

My series x just has ms2020 that is all

OK and what is your experience? Are you having CTD/black screen?

1 Like

Very few CTDs and never had black screens

2 Likes

Anyone noticing greatly increased stuttering in PG areas? Flew into the new EDDK (included with the latest City Update) and thought it might be unique to that specific area but I’m now noticing it in a few areas, globally. Not sure if it’s since City Update IV but I certainly don’t recall it before…

2 Likes

Asobo JFK or add-on?
I use Asobo JFK. I have only one add-on KPDX which I use as a default Home Airport.

Also, do you have other games installed?
Nope.

I also uninstall all planes I’m not using in the foreseeable future. In the past, I used to do clean cache ease after I started MSFS for the day. I haven’t done that in a few months.

I have a very fast internet connection on the order of 500 to 900 mbps.

Frankly, there are too many variables to make an informed judgment from the user’s point of view. Just about every user is/has a unique setup. Between you and me it’s a wonder it works at all.

dw

1 Like

Agreed, not trying to figure out the cause but more trying to figure out possible solutions for those having issues.

I’m on series X and I have never had a CTD or any black screen issues. I have a full compliment of MS/Asobo free DLC loaded, a few addon aircraft and two sceneries - Zinertek enhanced airports and LVFR static aircraft. I run 32G byte rolling cache and don’t empty it very often. I also have a few other games loaded on my Xbox - the drive is 75% full. I always fully quit games after use, never using quick start. So far I have had a remarkably stable performance recalling only a single incident of stuttering late into a long flight. Much better performance and troublefree than on my PC which is admittedly getting a bit old. I downloaded city update IV over the weekend and was getting a respectable download rate of approx. 90 Mbits/sec, which is roughly what I normally get give or take a few Mbits.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.