The Skypark

I like the iPad style of skypark. And the ‘app’ for following your flight is great.

Maybe I hoped for a bit more aircraft management, but less than Airhauler. I have quite a few add-on airports now. It would be great if you could have more missions between those airports.

Question: the passenger option is grayed out. Is it not implemented yet, or do you have to have a certain level of XP?

I think there is still something needed to get purpose of the money you earn.

I agree.What the purpose of earning money if you can’t spend it anywhere.But I also found an interesting bug (or maybe it isn’t a bug at all). I finished the mission where you take Brigit to lunch twice so far.And now it asks me again to fly to her destination to take her out…and the reliability score has a question mark again.Why is that?Somebody?

Thanks

I’ve read up a bit on this, but I’m still confused about what the progression mechanics are.

Apparently you earn money, but there is nothing to spend it on?

Do you get experience points that unlock newer things to do?

Do you have access to all the aircraft you have installed in FS out of the gate, or do you need to do things in the game to unlock using them?

Doesn’t look like things are there to spend money on.

I don’t know yet, still on level 1, but I think leveling up awards new mission types.

You have access to all plane types out of the gate. It even recommends plane types for your flight.

One more thing, I think it also loads flight plans for you or you can select your own!

It’s a good product with a future. It is still basic, but it will evolve. I also noticed the CPU overload at launch, but I only have the problem once so far. It also seems that the latest update is not going well. But hey, this is the start. I highly recommend it…

Did you select “coyote” when you first installed Skypark?

Hi Currentwhammo, I’m not sure, possibly not. Can It be done retrospectively?

No point is there? It just becomes a meaningless distraction.

I would say this area definitely needs to be looked at. Either introduce something money can be used for or get rid of the money aspect and introduce some sort of progress reward aspect e.g. career or other promotions, faster cargo loading times, lower, more efficient pilots ???

1 Like

Yes, you can do so. Just reconfigure your transponder settings and allow illicit offers.

2 Likes

Does anybody know the link to join the Skypark channel on Discord? I’ve always found Discord to be a little bit cryptic when it comes to locating channels. The few channels I have joined is because I happened to randomly find invites here and there. Needless to say the search function in the Discord app proved to be useless. Thanks in advance.

[Found it, in case anyone else is wondering: The Skypark by //42 (discord.com)]

2 Likes

I still can’t get it working and the dev’s seem to be clueless about the problem. Out of curiosity, in the background processes, what are the Memory and Disk numbers for those that aren’t having any issues?

** Edit - After reinstalling things seem like they are working for now.

I have a purpose… with The Skypark by //42
One of my hobbies is spending my retired days enjoying flights in Microsoft Flight Simulator, aka MSFS, with my friends using FlightSim.com/DigitalThemePark’s TeamSpeak, address ts3.digitalthemepark.com. They introduced me to a recently released program for MSFS called The Skypark by //42, pronounced as “parallel forty-two”. Their website is https://parallel42.com/sim/skypark

I am a simple General Aviation pilot, I use that term loosely, but I must say “Skypark” is not just an add-on it is an experience! In a nutshell, it gives you purpose in MSFS as a contract pilot. Many may compare this to other contract pilot applications, but you are not limited to routes or aircraft. //42 refers to it as a “living playground”. You have probably seen some of the features that other reviewers have shown. Sure, Briget is cute and Jeff is funny, but, I have flying to do.

My flying day usually consists of tooling around, mostly VFR with the DTP folks, and staying out of major hubs. One of the best parts of ”Skypark” is that while enjoying my flight I can open that ingenious tablet looking and operating Skypad, find a job near me, and pick up the contract which I have hours or days to complete.

While en route I’ll take a look on the Skypad to see if there are other jobs on the way. This allows me to increase the pay for just a little more flight time. As an added plus, I get to visit new airports I don’t think I would have ever even known about. If I want to split a longer route job into two days, I have the option to land, pause, and continue later, as long as I don’t exceed the destination’s delivery deadline.

Since I mostly do short-distance flights I have not yet flown passengers. Most of my jobs are toilet parts, golf clubs, machine parts, paper towels, and many other items, but, HEY I am making a few virtual bucks and having fun. Like I said I tend to fly near home and I am seeing little airstrips that I didn’t even know were there.

The contracts can be anywhere in the world. Perhaps not right at the airport you’re currently at but it will be nearby. So I find myself flying to a nearby airport to pick up the product or passenger and then I’m on my way to my destination.

The main connection to flights is through their windows based application Transponder which provides a connection between your sim and the Skypad Windows app. There is no perceivable performance impact on MSFS.

Now that my in-game “Karma” is up a bit I think I will take a trip to Kansas City, visit Briget and take her to lunch. Though I have heard she eats well and it will cost you a small amount from your virtual “bank”. Speaking of your “Karma” rating, you can also take naughty trips. You may be paid more, but it can lower that particular rating.

“Skypark” gives flights and pilots all kinds of options. You can fly any aircraft from many airports while transporting products or passengers. There are long-distance flights anywhere worldwide and there are short ones, grass strip to dirt strip all in MSFS 2020 and at the convenience of the pilot.

Getting Started: When you first open your Skypad you’ll be greeted with a cell call from Briget, who seems to manage all of the ClearSky contracts, then Jeff helps you load your aircraft and get into the sky. At the end of the flight you deliver your products or people and the money gets deposited into your account. I was surprised how quickly it added up.

Inside “Skypark” as an independent pilot you will fly contracts of your choice and also pick the company you wish to fly for. Right now there are two Coyotes (naughty offerings) and ClearSky (legit offerings).

A unique part of this product is that you have a certain amount of time to complete a contract. Usually, hours or days giving you plenty of time to get to a different airport or fly a different contract.

“Skypark” is in early release, but that did not deter me. The ~$30 USD program (only takes 2GB of drive space) is well polished and looks to have a lot of room to grow. I can see that the developers have left plenty of space to listen to the pilots and users of this program. Rumor has it, this is just a small taste of the entire roadmap. I am glad to get in early to learn the features as they are introduced.

“SkyPark” gives me the freedom to fly anything, anywhere and it really is fun to have a purpose in a flight simulator. I believe that Parallel 42 truly fills that need very well.

Feel free to join me and your other fellow flight simmers at the FlightSim.com/DigitalThemePark TeamSpeak at ts3.digitalthemepark.com.

6 Likes

Sounds a bit like a commercial.
I have still some doubts, as there is mich to spent your money on. So there is no purpose at all finally

1 Like

The Skypark is in Early Access right now.

From our FAQ:

Q: What can I do with the money?
A: While In “Early Access”, we’re learning the rate of gains before introducing pilot costs. In the future, you can expect MANY things to spend your money on, but planes will never be one of them. It’s important to get the pace of profits and losses just right so the game scale remains fairly true to life. Fun over frustration is our goal.

Couldnt sound more like a commercial if it had been penned by Satchi and satchi.

Allow me to balance by saying that when I use The Sky Park, I experience CTDs at every other flight.

1 Like

Seriously? It’s that bad?

I had isssues when I first installed it, but the devs were super helpful and now it’s working with no dramas. Yeah it’s early access so there’s nothing to spend money on yet, but it’s a great product in my opinion. And it’s only going to get better.

If you’re on the fence, maybe wait until more features are added, but I’m enjoying it immensely.

So an experience like American / European Truck Simulator (Which I love, BTW)?

Watching this space and very interested in what the is could bring to the platform. I often fly as if I were a contract pilot instead of simulating being a pilot for the same company flying the same old routes. Interesting stuff!

Almost everything I’ve ever bought classified as “early access” I regret. No thanks.