The toolbar is tiny!

I don’t know what happened, but the toolbar has gotten tiny. When I click on a tab (ex: Control Tower) the dialog is extremely small and impossible to read. Anyone know the solution to this problem?

Good…about time…just would like them to place it as a drop down menu bar ie same as XPlane and P3D…sick and tired of it jumping to life when you move the mouse cursor half way up the screen…a real immersion killer.

1 Like

Have the same Problem since Today… i don’t know what i did or happen. But now the Windows in Flight are further away than before.

Some like the Controlls and Weather are still fine but Checklist, AT, Navllog and so on far away.

Any suggestions?

It got fixed after a PC Restart… interesting…

Strange question but I how do you get the toolbar to appear whilst in a flight in VR? No matter where I put the cursor no toolbar appears to show itself.

Tab button brings it up

I know that i’m using iVRy on a moto X4 and the resolution is really bad, but, they cannot put a slider on the config menu to the resize the toolbar?
The size of the letters at the screens i did a workaround at the config.
Another big problem is the Main UI. That’s OK to not being a 3D UI like Xplane, but it is really needed to put 1 km away from the eyes? :joy:
I really struggle to read, and even with a reverb G2 (i think, i don’t have one) it’s unproductive to the window being so far away.
(Example: on SteamVR media player there is a minus and plus sign, “UI Scale”. This makes the window bigger or smaller, really handy for cheapoVR!)

I found that no buttons were assigned to any VR functions so had to go into Options and assign some buttons.
Once I had done that the toolbar came up very small and it seems impossible to get the mouse to activate anything.

You need to map an input to the new VR toolbar command.

Yeah cheers. Done it. Problem sorted. Asobo really shouldn’t have left things like that to the community to sort out for themselves. The same goes for the other button mapping issues people are having like the reset camera issue.

Its weird how lots of people have had to map their buttons. Mine were all pre done and didn’t have to map anything. Toolbar is def smaller and isn’t too user friendly at the moment

Instead, they left it to every single user reading the inline comments in their various settings panels, which is exactly where you’ll find how to adjust the size of the UI and the size of the text independently!

Perhaps you could tell me where this is exactly , I cant find it ?

I’m not in front of a FS2020 computer right now, but usually in every computing device and operating system, settings related to font and UI size on screen are meant for people needing assisted/augmented computing. There should be a setting panel, and/or a setting tab within, and/or a setting line within the setting tab within the setting panel, with an unequivocal name.

I thing our wires are crossed. Everything within the VR cockpit such as instruments , data plates, G1000 is the expected size and readable with the cockpit zoom option. The overhead ribbon menu for options such as contacting ATC , weather, map…etc is much smaller than it appears on a monitor with no way of zooming in to that as far as I know.

I found this out the hard way too. I fell into the, “got into VR mode and couldn’t get back out” category, due to not having pre mapped some keys to do so.

Here is where the problem lies though… Asobo pre mapped these keys and could only do this in the “default” profile. Yet if anyone made just a single change to their original keyboard profile, or even added just one of their own single mappings, the software made you rename and create your own profile. So now Asobo comes along and adds a feature (such as VR) but they can’t force new key maps into your new profiles, they can only add them to the default. You and I are now required to add their new key maps to our own profiles ourselves. At least that’s the way I understand it. We can’t really blame them for that, but some real DOCUMENTATION for each update would sure go a long way. Just sayin’.

Just my $.02.
Jim-Sim

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.