The tradition continues

I’ve noticed that the flickering around the G1000 has gotten worse, thin white outline shimmering through. Maybe just more noticeable due to fps improvement.

This blue outline around trees I have not seen before

The water creeping up the shore is still there despite some ugly quick fix to move it further inland

Still no reefs visible in Australia despite Bing having the data

I wonder why the water masks can’t be fixed globally, maybe reefs look too much like clouds to the AI?

Anyway better fps, graphics a little diminished again, same as usual.

Young people these days, no sense of adventure.

Does Sim Dashboard have aviation style instruments?

Your home cockpit looks epic. I am trying to do the same. However, due to performance hits with breaking out windows, I am trying to avoid it. Haven’t really found a readable solution. Peix PFD comes close but sadly doesn’t fully work.

Yup, very strange. I also test with the same flight plan, same airport/runway, same plane (Bonanza), Multiplayer: Off, Air Traffic: Live Traffic, Weather & Time: Preset Clear/8AM. I have a clean community folder as I don’t use add-ons.
Graphics Options: 3440x1440, Full Screen, scaling 100%, most settings High
Traffic Options: set to defaults
Data Options: set to defaults (8GB rolling cache on NVMe)

I do run Little Navmap on second monitor and Sim Dashboard (client on Android tablet).

I’m seeing higher framerates since this update under these conditions and settings. I can’t complain but maybe my experience will change as I start flying to other parts of the world.

Yes. You can filter user made dashboards on the left side of this page.

Community Designs - SIM Dashboard (stryder-it.de)

I use Sim Dashboard for American Truck Simulator and MSFS2020, it fits my casual needs very well.

Thank you. Awesome.

See, exactly what I meant. Took only mere minutes for this comment to be hidden. Haha.

1 Like

They mentioned multiple times that the water masks are done by hand, not by means of AI.

Yes, but why! The AI removes clouds and patches them up with generic land use type textures. It seems to be more efficient to teach it to recognize shallow water and mask it properly instead of doing it by hand one bit at a time.

No, it is a pretty good system to keep a positive and comfortable environment in the forums.

BTW, you can flag posts aswell. So, if you think something is not acceptable → flag it.

2 Likes

Water masks in Bing can be very patchy, with straight edges, colors out of sync on tile borders. It all will be really noticeable if not tweaked by hand. Even on land those generic textures covering the clouds are sometimes too outstanding.

They do. It’s built into windows and unless you’ve deliberately turned it off, every crash is reported by windows to ms.

Look at your reliability report.

1 Like

I know. But I believe in free speech. People should be able express their opinions. It is, after all, a forum.

Definition of FORUM:
a. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
b. A public meeting place for open discussion.

3 Likes

True, I notice the ‘patches’ a lot. They could use more localization as well or maybe a clone brush to make it fit bitter in the surrounding terrain. The default farm texture sticks out like a sore thumb in most parts of the world.

However all that is true on land as well, straight edges, colors out of sync on tile borders, ugly transitions between sat and aerial data. Water polygons also have lots of straight edges, crude lake outlines covering up the much more detailed areal data underneath.

Perhaps AI can do a better job instead of relying on these low res polygons with hand made fixes. Shore lines are a mess, rivers, lakes, all problematic trying to fit the water polygons into the map. Perhaps use water polygons as a suggestion to the AI where water is, then let the AI trace out the actual edges on the map data. Maybe they’ve tried that and it didn’t work out well. Just thinking out loud here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Keep in mind that this is not a public place. Like all social media it is owned and operated for a specific purpose. All social media has rules that user must adhere to, otherwise the less disciplined among us run rampant and destroy any opportunity to have focused meaningful discussions. Every topic will eventually descend into a shouting match. There are even rules here about having this discussion.

Reminding users to stay on topic and blocking out unconstructive posts is what allows open discussion.

2 Likes

Reliability report? Where would this be?

Just type reliability into search on your startmenu

@ccrbc Interesting. I’ve used and supported windows 10 for ages and never knew of this app. Thanks.

Ok I see a bunch of red “X”'s and flightsimulator.exe stopped working. You are saying when this occurs a detailed debug report is sent to Asobo or just logged locally? It is interesting my system is very stable unless I run MSFS2020.

To microsoft, who pass that info on to assobo and others as well. It a handy tool, but don’t obsess about the warnings(yellow) :wink: you’ll go insane