The V-22 Osprey from Miltech Simulations

Are you guys planning on doing the V-280? I’m guessing it’s a challenge since not much information will be available for a while?

That is, unfortunately, one of the limitations given MSFS lack of support for thrust vectoring. The real Osprey autopilot can account for the change in thrust vector, and can easily handle an ILS approach with nacelles at 60deg. For this to be possible on MSFS, we would have to develop an autopilot system from scratch, which is an extremely complex task involving control systems, way beyond the scope of this product.

You could start an ILS approach at Nac 0, then gradually begin raising the nacelles (with the autopilot engaged) and trimming the aircraft to control your Vertical Speed. Keep the nacelles around 15-20 deg for as long as you can, then only raise them to 60deg at around 300ft from the ground.

We are looking into it - Since we already developed a custom VTOL flight model, it would be relatively easy for us to apply that same model to other similar aircraft. Info on systems and avionics is still very limited.

3 Likes

Hi VR guys!

Id like to know your opinion about MV-22 Osprey in VR. What I noticed in VR, something is wrong according me with scale in model. Cockpit seems too big for me (even for 100% scale world in settings in VR). MFD, stick, throttle manipulator, all gauges look too big, Even buttons are like big Lego blocks, not like normal buttons. I compare the interior to other models on a scale of 100% and this one seems too big. I feel like a little kid in the cabin of a 747. Unfortunately, the scale in MSFS is set globally, the cockpit starts to look good at 85%, but it affects all other models and the world, so it cannot be acceptable to me. I think the cockpit should be smaller than what we have now.

What do you think about it? Do you in VR have the same feelings?

I agree. At 100% world scale the throttle and stick look massive. Like you couldn’t get you hands around them. I run most other aircraft around 115%

1 Like

Good news about the feelings, I will collect more info (9f the others) for Militech about this issue. Anyone agree too?

Btw. I use 106%, (however test was done on 100%), 115% is good too, the world in MSFS is too small according me, but with 115% I cant imagine how MV-22 cockpit is big :wink:!

2 Likes

Btw. Id like to back to you. Yep, 115% looks really nice for VR, scale is nice and more realistic for the others models for sure, not for MV-22 (yet maybe :wink: ).

A few good news to share!

We got confirmation from Microsoft that our latest three products submitted are almost ready to release on PC and Xbox:

1. Amphibious Ready Group: Pack consisting of USS America, USS San Antonio, USNS Mercy, USS Lewis B. Puller and USS Virginia has been RELEASED for PC and Xbox today

2. Osprey MV-22: Releasing next week for PC, and shortly after SU12 for Xbox

3. UK Carrier Strike Group: Consisting of HMS Queen Elizabeth and HMS Prince of Wales, releasing next week for PC and Xbox

Bundle packs will be available for the different carriers, as well as Osprey + carriers.

8 Likes

These are not a few good news…This is absolutely awesome. We are so ready for the Osprey to be released on Xbox. Thank you…

4 Likes

I have questions regarding these products: these ships, are they steerable? Can they be placed anywhere on the world map? Or are they simply objects at a fixed, predetermined location on the world map? Can one land on them and take off from them?

The are fixed at predetermined places on the World map as MSFS only suppports stationary airports. In the British carrier pack there are also moving ship groups - that makes for a challenging landing in the Osprey.

Correct, there are 13 predetermined locations (static) where you can spawn, takeoff, or land on.

The Amphibious Ready Group is getting an update next week with 6 additional moving locations. Due to MSFS limitations, moving locations are not spawnable on the deck (you would start the flight close to the carriers, in the air). Moving carriers move at a constant speed in a straight path.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, this is a little confusing… why not make all of them ships if you can have moving ships to land on… why are some “airports”? Or is it because of the way Asobo implemented arresting wires?

All moving ships: can’t start flights from the deck. It would be a “landing only” experience. Moving ships do not work well on multiplayer either, as the position of the ship is dictated by a script that runs locally, the position of the ship is not synced through MP. And in some very specific cases, some aircraft don’t work well on carriers (eg. the Harrier) as the custom flight dynamics can’t detect and account for the moving ground.

All statics: can start flights from the deck (ready to fly and cold and dark), can land on. But not as fun, nor challenging. But its fully compatible with any aircraft, and works just fine on Multiplayer.

We wanted to give people the choice, and hence we have both options. There is a third possibility, which is having all moving ships and a “teleport to deck” function to start flights from the deck, however this tends to bug some aircraft systems as we can’t just reset all variables (every aircraft handles things differently). The issues outweight the benefits in that specific case.

That being said, we are continuously improving things for our carriers. If Asobo opens up the possibility of having moving airports, then we would quickly adapt the product to that.

5 Likes

Any chance of get TACAN for the Amphib Group?

Already added it to V1.1, releasing at ORBX in a few hours. The update will be released in the Marketplace in the upcoming days.

2 Likes

MARCH UPDATES

1. Osprey MV-22: New exterior texturing has been completed. All liveries were revised and upscaled to 8K for maximum sharpness and quality. From our testing, the performance impact is negligible, but it does require some additional memory.

V1.1.3 has been submitted to distributors and should be available at ORBX shortly. V1.1.3 will also be available upon release on the Marketplace, scheduled for March 16th on PC, and Xbox shortly after.

1. Amphibious Ready Group: V1.1 has been released to distributors (ORBX and Marketplace), featuring 6 new MOVING locations:
  • Norfolk
  • Oahu
  • Pacific Coast
  • Philippine Sea
  • Arabic Sea
  • Mediterranean

All locations can be identified on the World Map as POIs. Aircraft will spawn in the air, close to the moving ship. Moving locations feature USS America, USS San Antonio, USS Lewis B. Puller and USS Virginia.

Additionally, TACAN has been added to all USS America static locations (Channel is 22X). Various texturing and modeling improvements, including new F-35B 3D models, and improved night lighting.

1. UK Carrier Strike Group: V1.0.2 has been released to Distributors. This version will be available upon release on the Marketplace, scheduled for March 16th on PC and Xbox. This version features improvements to night lighting, as well as minor bugfixes.

4 Likes

The amphibious ready group update is great, love having the moving ships. Could use some southern hemisphere locations though.

2 Likes

Btw. WOW. :muscle: I noticed this:

Requires Further Investigation/Work - To be fixed in the future

• Cockpit scale on VR :+1:

https://miltechsimulations.talkyard.net/-14/osprey-mv-22-tracked-bugs-updates

Amazing news :heart_eyes:. I didnt notice it before, Thank you!
If you need me for VR tests, just write me PM. :grinning:

1 Like

Btw. march sale, -30% off
Miltech Simulations - Orbx .

2 Likes

Just had a quick flight after the update and I must say - these 8K textures really look amazing! Great work.

1 Like