There is no downgrade in SU5

These topics need to be closed, they’re getting silly.

Maybe your rgb is turned off? Monster builds need rbg.

This just isn’t true though as one of the most popular you tube simmers had to cancel his stream because as he said he couldn’t play it anymore.

Jorg - hear our pain !!!

3 Likes

Why do you want to close debate as without discourse we won’t be able to fix the sim.

You only need to see a screenshot of the NYC skyline from JFK before and after update 5. The problem, notwithstanding the terrain LOD changes and instability, is the building draw distance was nerfed so badly that any major city looks like a suburb from more than like 10 miles away. Tall buildings, even if drawn very primitively, stood out on the skyline and added complexity to the scene. Flying in any big city sucks now.

4 Likes

Can confirm that excessive RGB lighting is indeed working is expected :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Stop… you are wrong here. You are accusing the developers of lying; this is not true. Without being accusatory you need to think for a minute. First: They are aware of the issues, second, they are working hard on the issues. It is that simple, no need to be impulsive.

I have never had 100fps before (RTX3080) and with clouds and most settings on Ultra
The scenery on the Mersey is still OK for me but not as good as it was before.
It is now similar to what I used to see in VR.

I think we should leave this discussion for now and wait for Asobo-Microsoft to tell us what happened. Jayne has already said they are working on it.

1 Like

There is a school of thought in the software business that says “we will ship when it is ready”, and another school of thought that says “we will ship on X date no matter what the state is”. Which school do you think the FS2020 devs are in?

The error is in your settings or with your computer.

The view of the simulator is amazing, the photo geometry is beautiful. I have pictures for comparison.

There is literally downgrading in your own screenshots. And in this comparison your SU5 screenshot is even way closer to the city. See how a huge part of the towns/buildings is missing.
Just because it isn’t noticeable (or you don’t notice it) in every scenery, doesn’t mean it’s not there.

7 Likes

Will you post those pictures Sir?
Or your entire premise for this discussion falls apart.

Please… are we really going to extremes to express our emotions. They are aware of the issues, they are working on the issues.

Can you link us to where that’s been confirmed?
There’s a lot of really fed up people here and yep, it’s the guys and gals who have spent their moolah on getting together a really good rig to run this PC Game.

I for one, understand their frustration - I really do.
My old Haswell - is out of the Ark - but I know PC Gaming and I know that this is not acceptable as a nerf from PC compatibility to X-Box Playability.

Also, I just want to see the World as it was back round about Sim Update 3;

2 Likes

:joy:…we all know the answer…Don’t think Asobo is quite there yet to have that clout…:joy:

This had been posted in multiple threads…

Jummivana
Senior Community Manager

“Hello! The team is working on communication and will post as soon as we can - we are currently triaging and/or discussing the biggest issues we are seeing reported (LOD Pops, Temperature altitude fix not working, CTDs, installation issues, etc.). We acknowledge this post as well as the others seeking communication and please know we are in progress. Thanks!”

These are static photos though. The problem is the scenery popping up every time you pan view. It’s annoying and takes away from the visual experience. The game is also still crashing post hotfix SU5. Our cries are real and in no way negative energy thrown at Asobo.

2 Likes

Well, the screen shots speak for themselves, don’t they? How is it possible to see these screenshots and still say that there has been a degradation?
Do you maybe mean that on YOUR PC the sim looks different than in the pictures posted here?
If so, could you be so kind as to show us what you define as degradation? Then we are able to compare systems and settings and maybe together gain more insight.

1 Like