There is no downgrade in SU5

why are you saying that while replying to me Richard ?? :joy: read my post again

Please tell me you edited your post so I don’t think I’m losing my marbles…

1 Like

i didn’t :joy: i thought you clicked reply on a different post by accident

The LOD changes are documented on the change log under SDK. Not entirely sure if it’s purely restricted to the Xbox however.

Sorry :joy: Lost marbles confirmed.

1 Like

Give us a clue where.

They are not the same, they are very ugly.

He means use the search function and search for “white triangle” or “toolbar” or “handle bar”

1 Like

Increasing your Load from 200 to 400? Since your now limited using your GPU memory and CPU memory I would like to know where you are loading the Load 400?

Tx I am aware of those (even posted these to many users who hadn’t read them). Change LOD did, according to the many different posts here, not mean a degradation per se. Some say they want to throw the sim out because of the pops, some say this is a minor thing to them because they enjoy other aspects that they deem more important.
With documented I mean @gordongreig style. That’s info that we are able to compare. That doesn’t happen very often as you probably know.

So now I start to understand that some people’s interpretation of a line in the releasenotes gets mixed up with the word ‘documented’ :wink:. Their emotion is triggered by their interpretation of that line. Just like Lionel in the video said “we had to get it into the box”. This was interpreted as THE PROOF of the whole dumbing down thing. What they did not take into account was that this segment was centered around the July 27th deadline. Somehow those people mysteriously had forgotten about the development updates road map. Maybe because they were fuzzed by their emotions.

Ow c’mon please. It’s just a few posts above. With a link! :grinning:

But let me help you

Sorry I replied to a person by mistake.

Not entirely, though it is most certainly exacerbated by cloud coverage. I’ve done a little experimentation, and dialing in an overcast removes shadows (as it should), but the intensity of the light level is not diminished as it should be. The net effect of adding an overcast is actually an overall brightening of the scene. This is objectively not right, and it’s certainly not how the renderer behaved pre-SU5.

I encourage anyone that thinks this is all in my head to try this for themselves.

The lighting is definitely worse, too bright, washed out at times and volumetric effects seem to be removed or dialed down too much.

I tried the 747 landing scenario last night. It looked horribly over saturated and almost entirely white, both scenery and sky.

2 Likes

There is no “downgrade” at all. Most people here, it seems, are getting confused. From my testing it appears there are only two visual elements that are not working properly… over saturation of the scene (most probably caused with an issue with the lighting engine) and more noteworthy the online streaming portion of the photogrammetry. Indeed there have been a few posts stating the lack of data flow from the servers, myself included have seen this, even to the point of losing a direct connection.
Filling this page with childish rants, demands and name calling will not help at all… in fact it will stop people wanting to visit these forums altogether!! And please stop posting pics of what the sim looked like before with no comparison pics… it doesn’t help.

3 Likes

I play in VR and I have noticed that there my aircraft wings don’t look as ‘real’ as they used to. It kind of looks plastic now instead of metal on some aircraft, eg, cessna and robin aircraft.
Weird…

You just ‘ranted’ about the rants. lol

Using a higher LOD just uses more memory. If I set 400 for the LODs, memory usage jumps to 10-12Gb from 7Gb or so

Or repeat posting of unattributed pics with phrases like “I have no words” and then fail to provide any detail to enable others to either help or even to verify your alleged issue

There is no way to go above 8GB RAM usage in SU5.