Thinking of going VR, need suggestions

Quite fair !! :grin: :grin: :grin: :innocent:

And my neighbor has already come to me once !! :sweat_smile:

By the way, there is one small, but not obvious lifehack - according to the instructions, the speaker is attached to the vertical rod of the chair - of course, it transmits a significant part of the infrasound directly to the floor and further …
I recommend attaching it to the armrest of the chair (or, if someone can, to the back) …
You can kill “two birds with one stone”

• reduce harmful transmission of sound frequencies to the floor (and to good neighbors)
  • and increase the useful recoil … especially when you keep your hands on the steering wheel and your elbow rests on the armrest of the chair.

I bought a vibrating seat pad about 20 years ago, after reading a review.
https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?1601-VRF-Seat-Pad

It’s had a lot of use and still works, although I think one or two of the motors may have packed in. Still one of the best accessories I’ve ever bought and I use it whenever I fly

Regards
Steve

IRL pilot and G2 owner and I went back to 2D. One take away is that VR experiences are entirely subjective. So maybe don’t get your hopes up too high :wink:

I’m close to trying VR again, as there’s been BIOS updates, a new Reverb G2 cable, and Flight Simulator performance gains since I last had the G2. But the other changes in SU5 still have me holding off for now.

Resolution is the main problem.
With my 2060 I can fly smoothly with my basic HP WMR. But if I were you, with a 2070, I would fear the best headsets out there have a too high resolution for your GPU. And prices are crazy.
So what I did was going second hand with my first headset, with 100€ you will be able to judge by yourself how it feels and how your GPU handles it.
If you are happy that’s a great deal for you, if you are not happy, sell it and you don’t loose any money.

Yesterday, after a whole year in VR exclusively I did one flight in 2D again on my 24inch screen with ultra settings and…there’s nothing that could force me to go back to 2D. Yes, it was nice and crisp with high frame rates but I didn’t get excited at all. Lack of immersion, everything looks small and feels kind of toyish.In my case it’s VR or nothing:)

I just got the new G2 cable and all my USB ports are now working properly (AMD B550 chipset). No audio drops, no 7-14 error. Performance wise there’s definitelly an improvement after SU5. But for sure you cannot expect miracles:)

Yeah, I’m really glad to see the USB problems being solidly addressed. I’ll probably try the VR scene again with the next major VR update the sim gets once I’m sure it actually works. I don’t want to drop a few hundred on a headset just to see Asobo compromise it on the next update.

I think it depends entirely on the type of flying you’re doing too. I’m working through the PilotEdge Communication and Airspace Training (CAT) program right now, and while I’m sure you could get a setup to accomplish this in VR, it’s vastly easier in 2D. I’ve got Garmin Pilot running on another screen. I’m writing down all the ATC instructions, and consulting a pile of charts. If I could clone my Android screen in Flight Simulator, I could probably do all of this within Flight Simulator, but it’s still going to be way more of a chore than just using the physical space in front of me.

When I get back into exploratory bush flights using pilotage, or warbird joyrides, that’s when I’m going to jump back into a VR headset I think.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.