Third Party Online Network Setting Button

Great Idea, be great to switch easily between online with Vatsim for instance and your normal setup

And lets don´t forget Planes on the ground set to 0%
And 3rd party airports should remove their default planes when using Vatsim to use the gates correctly!

I believe any such tight integration of features is a mistake creating technical debt.

Instead, I believe this should be dissociated from Vatsim and similar services, with an approach which is orthogonal and independant:

• FS2020 should provide a user setting manager where any user can save/restore simulator settings and manage a list of own preferences (you could save your general settings, Vatsim settings, Night Flying settings etc…)

• FS2020 SDK should provide developers a read and write access to the simulator lower level entrails via the SDK so that 3rd party add-ons can take control of the simulator, not the reverse.

• FS2020 persistance storage should be based on user editable text files, not encrypted or hidden binary files so that the end user and/or 3rd party add-ons could easily modify the simulator settings prior launching the simulator for example.

1 Like

Since u have an official partnership with VATSIM we do need some more specific options in the sim:

•OPTION TO TURN GROUND PLANES OFF WHEN U TURN LIVE TRAFFIC OFF

•OPTION TO REMOVE PARKED PLANES ON 3rd PARTY AIRPORTS

•OPTION TO TURN ATC COMPLETELY OFF NOT JUST THE VOLUME

Maybe u can make a button which activates all the relevant options before you click ready to fly!

1 Like

atm this sim is not VATSIM compatible in many ways …

I welcome the idea too. Hopefully the MSFS devs will be opened to that as well