Third party Software

Is there a pinned post about third party software anywhere?

Or could someone compile a list of what software to get and not (paid/free)
I’m specifically looking for Flight planning software, primary if it can interact with FS2020 load/save files import/export etc, or if that doesnt work (yet, i understand it’s early after release) just what flightplanner is your goto?

I have tried Skyvector.com after a tip on these forums, and i must say its really nice, i created an account to try to import to MS2020 , but got cold feet at the “if you click here you understand that this is not a toy and can be prosecuted if used falsly” (or something similar to that) checkbox :slight_smile:

Give us your best tips! thanx

SimBrief, a free flight planner which generates flight plans and can be downloaded to MSFS.

2 Likes

Littlenavmap. Awesome tool, freeware. I do not know how far the dev is reading the database of msfs, but if you have navigraphor another sim like xplane it is quite workable right now

1 Like

SimToolKit Pro for all your EFB needs!

I used it for XP11, it worked great. The developer is super active and very friendly with the community. You can also find them on discord.

FULL FEATURE LIST

• Support for FSX, FSX:SE, Prepar3D v4, Prepar3D v5, X-Plane 11, and Microsoft Flight Simulator
  • Clients for Windows, Mac OS and Linux
  • Flight planning and dispatching through SimBrief, with flight and route editing
  • Flight Logbook with archiving of OFPs and route data
  • Airport Database with live METAR
  • Detailed Landing Reporting with advanced touchdown telemetry
  • Local data storage (with free cloud backup)
  • Streaming overlay that can be fully customised with templating and CSS
  • Live Map with full FIR data support for VATSIM and IVAO ATC
  • Display of network flights for VATSIM, IVAO, PilotEdge and STKP users
  • Taxi overlay for any airport in the world covered by OSM data
  • Custom schedule for saving flights for future dispatch
  • Searchable real world routes database with airline search and filter
  • Real world charts with significant global coverage
  • Charts pullout tab for Navigraph Charts and ChartFox
  • Support for ActiveSky and VATSIM weather sources
  • Integrated data recorder will record any landing detected when connected to the sim
  • Import your flight data from other services, or manual import
  • Fleet manager with custom airframes and advanced SimBrief airframe design
  • Checklists with import/export for sharing and an always on top popout for showing over the sim
  • Wind calculator with automated lookup of metar for selected runway
1 Like

I would like to plug my free Flight Planner which does what you wish, I think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNHSFSMpvOw&feature=youtu.be

It makes a Flight Plan, but you have to save it and then load it into MSFS via the load/save button.

I am continuing to update it. The next version will have a moving map that tracks the airplane in FS.

Alex, the Dev has said elsewhere that he is working on an update now. As it stands it does work but you might need either P3D or XP loaded to be able to read in Airport data.