This classic FS Trailer deserved a remake!

37 Likes

The brilliance. Tx so much for a happy smile on an already sun sparkling day.

1 Like

lol - excellent stuff!
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Awesome :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

Different times, different emphasis – a less “Commercial” “Approach” ? (Forgive the 2 Puns !!)

Back in FSX days, the advertising was all about the FS Community and people enjoying a Flight Simulator … now all the advertising seems about pushing the Technical Visuals and Sales,

A different FS world …

4 Likes

Perfect Video WOW :grinning::+1:

I have always loved this one…

10 Likes

Okay, this just brought me great joy, not just for nostalgia, but because the guy at 18 seconds is my friend Greg, but I had no idea that was him in the video because I didn’t meet him till 2013. :slight_smile:

1 Like

the guy at the end always gets me

“You realize we’re in a real plane…right?”

2 Likes

When we look back at MSFS 2020 in 10-20 years, will there be a “Classic MSFS 2020 Video” that sums up MSFS ?

So far, it seems like there is nothing that will last the test of time, like the Iconic Videos of former versions of MSFS.

2 Likes

Sorry, but no hot air balloon doing barrel rolls at 420kt? Lame. XD

(A certain YouTube channel has spoiled me with FSX antics)

1 Like

Oh wow!! Does he play MSFS?
(Did he actually play FSX at the time?)

He’s a local Seattle area actor and improviser. He is a gamer, and works in the game industry, but we haven’t talked sims. I’m going to have to ask when I see him!

That’s the fun thing about being in this area and being involved in the acting community. :slight_smile: Back when I was at MS working on the Xbox website, I got a chance to do one of the FSX voiceovers. (I’m the Area 51 ATC voice.)

4 Likes

That’s really cool! (Both his story and yours!) I’ll have to see if I can dig up some FSX Area 51 ATC footage somewhere!

Would love to hear about Greg’s simming, if he actually does it! (And maybe you could show him this remake! :smiley:)

2 Likes

No way! That’s incredible! He is the star of this trailer - a true Flight Sim legend! You have to tell us his full name, does he have any presence online? LinkedIn/ Instagram? I would love to get in touch and personally thank him for getting me into flight sim all those years ago. What a great story - I can’t believe you were the voice of the Area 51 gameplay. That’s so awesome!

2 Likes

I still have FSX installed, so I could get you some footage if you’d like when I have a chance to record.

1 Like

That would be awesome! Admittedly, I took a break from flight simming for a few years after FSX.

1 Like

I’ll try to get a play through soon if you’d like, once I get acquainted with it again (thankfully my controller button assignments were edited to match FSX from muscle memory). Otherwise, I did find a couple of videos of it already on YouTube if you don’t mind player commentary with it.

Fantastic. :clap: Brings back memories of everyone panicking about the demo being unplayable on “modern hardware”. I think I had a PC with an AMD Athlon at the time with 256mb of RAM, the slideshow pain!