This forum is going to be useless! Which impression a totally new user to FS 2020 should get here?

Hi pilots,

this forum is going to be useless! Imagine you are a new user (i’am not) and you would like to get an idea how this Simulator performs, how robust it is! Normally you are going to read all or most of the posts in this forum and then get an impression how stable this software works.

So now feel like a newbee for a moment, as a newbee you read the posts and you notice, as a first count, 50% of the users are very happy (i.e. have a stable running system (no CTD’s!) without any problems updating or flying) and the other one’s are those with issues.

Sure, some hardware might cause issues, this might be around 10% (?), but the rest (40% ?) of the posts looks like that they come from haters, all the day nothing else to do as to bash this simulator, with arguments that are obviosly wrong! I know this sounds very provoking! But what’s your feeling? What will be the feeling for such new users which have to make a decision to buy or not to buy this Simulator?

The other thing is: Asobo need our input from the community, but if there are 40% haters (estimated) how can this helb Asobo to futher improve this software? What should Asobo take as a fainess comment?

And addressed to a forum manager (again speaking as if i be a newbee to FS 2020): it’s hard to read to all the posts because there is so much unstructure (does mean that serveral posts have similar content), my feeling is that there is a big need to clean up the forum.

Again: this forum is maybe the first a new user might read about FS 2020!

8 Likes

MSFS2020 seams to be an emotional thing to some … which is basically a good thing. But I dont agree with you, that this forum is getting useless, since if the new user is an “entusiast” simmer, he will find everything and more he needs with e.g. the search function und he can feel free to filter the hates and likes for himself and extract the best out of it

9 Likes

Most are not haters. They are just tired of spending time trying to get the thing stable. I’ve had to reinstall from scratch many times now (just having to do it again now) - nothing wrong with my PC, heaps of disk space heaps of everything but this sim is buggy as hell.
I agree with you it’ll be great when it becomes reliable, but until then, you’ll (rightly) get a number of posts from people who sat down to have some fun, and then were dragged into a 5 hour download trying to get flight simulator working again.
Thansk
PaulyFSPauly

10 Likes

Again, the vast majority of us are not haters. In fact I’d say the contrary, we are believers.

That however doesn’t mean we can’t call out things that are wrong or broken. When things that have worked for decades in previous FS versions are now wrong or broken, we get frustrated, and that probably comes out at times too.

7 Likes

and you would like to get an idea how this Simulator performs, how robust it is! Normally you are going to read all or most of the posts in this forum and then get an impression how stable this software works

I have the impression you just want this game to be awesome and you want all the new guys to feel the same way. But that is not how the forum works or why it was built. A forum works for many reasons, people wanting to express themselves, people seeking for help, people wanting to fly with others, etc. Not everything is about the good, a forum is not just for propaganda.

I have the feeling you are underestimating the people having problems. That makes me assume you are part of the “the happy” ones, but reading the forum, just reading the titles, it makes me believe it is the oposite and by a bigger margin.

Sure, some hardware might cause issues, this might be around 10% (?), but the rest (40% ?) of the posts looks like that they come from haters, all the day nothing else to do as to bash this simulator, with arguments that are obviosly wrong! I know this sounds very provoking! But what’s your feeling? What will be the feeling for such new users which have to make a decision to buy or not to buy this Simulator?

Common, you don’t have the numbers, you cant throw there percentages and figures.

Sure, some hardware might cause issues, this might be around 10% (?), but the rest (40% ?) of the posts looks like that they come from haters, all the day nothing else to do as to bash this simulator, with arguments that are obviosly wrong!

Oh mate, so 10% are hardware problem and all the rest are haters that hate the game? Attacking people is a falacy, is not a good argument sir.

Your estimations are based on your imagination, your arguments have no foundation, so basically it is just another opinion, based on your experience and the way you see life.

I prefer to respect people having problems. We need them to report the problems and the bugs. This forum is the place to report problems and to communicate what is going on. There is no other place on Earth to report problems. The guys are not developers so they don’t know how to communicate problems, they are just consumers, and that is fine. It is the job of the devs to filter the forum for bugs, performance issues, CTD and so on.

Please, respect others, the guys having a good experience, and the guys suffering the game.

6 Likes

As with everything, a single source isn’t a valid model. Some players will never come here. In fact, I see a good number of questions in Steam (where I sourced the Sim), that exactly parallel the ones here. When I cross ref solutions I know are documented here, many in Steam forums can’t or won’t be bothered to look it up here, they prefer to stay in Steam for a variety of reasons. Avsim’s another one.

I see your point. I’m a newbie to flight simming, but I’m certainly not new to forums, and it’s much the same in all of them that deal with a specific problem. I suspect that kind of experience is true for most folks starting out with Flight Simulator 2020. Most of us can easily and readily understand what’s going on with haters because, although new to MSFS, we’ve tons of experience with groups and forums. Most of us can understand within a day of sitting down here how to gather the wheat and ignore the chaff. Likewise, most potential buyers perusing this forum understand full well from vast experience that complaints far outnumber praise because it’s always folks with problems who post, NOT users for whom everything is copacetic.
Far from becoming useless, I think this forum grows more useful by the week. I’ve been at this since August, and I have grown to depend on it.
Fear not. The best is definitely yet to come

2 Likes

this is my first post for a while and my last.

i decided recently to withdraw from this forum due to the constant negativity and behaviour towards other forums posters who defend the product or support it. the moderation leaves a lot to be desired and another forum i work on as a moderator we deal with people who constantly and repeatedly bad mouth the product unfairly or bully others.
people being ‘labelled’ because they come out in defence of msfs or that have a different opinion to someone (like myself) is bullying simple as that and does not make this forum attractive for anyone to post looking for help.

after trying to defend the product, receiving negative and sometimes personal comments (which is completely unjustifed) i took the decision to cancel future projects and work with nvidia to help improve the experience for others.

yes there are issues with the marketplace and updates to products but the abuse ( and its always the same people in the most part ) is not warranted on any level or is it acceptable to go after someone via the forum and belittle them because of a difference of opinion.
moderation is dreadful and a stricter approach is needed to return this place to what it should be.
a informative and helpful educational community to better everyone’s experience.

5 Likes

as far as i have read all the posts i don’t get the feeling that a user without any flightsim experience is able to make a (positiv ?) decision because he will be not able to find out what is a fairness comment or not!

I am sorry, but this is nonsense. A forum is a place to “discuss” topics, either good or bad ones. So, you want only flowers here? Most of the people here is involved with FS for a loooong time, new users do not start in a forum…they search for it when things go south. End of story.

5 Likes

Right…so not being able to use the sim normaly ever since launch due to bugs, download problems etc. Spending days upon days troubleshooting and finally getting fixes from the community and not from Microsoft makes us haters?

I love this sim hence why I take days of my time to try and make it work but Microsoft needs to know what’s broken and aknowledge it.

Right now I can’t even play due to the installer loop bug.

1 Like

i only wanted to point out how hard it is for a newcomer to get “valid” infos out of this forum! Thanks for all your comments!

Best regards and stay safe!

I’ll give the community managers and mods here props, no other flight sim developer of any sort has allowed quite as much open discourse on their own forums. I consider it a good thing so dev’s don’t stay in their own echo chambers, so that valid issues can be made aware and resolved with time.

However some members here tend to take it too far, spouting conspiracies and just being downright rude. I don’t care how much money you paid for this product, voice your concerns and issues in a constructive manner, don’t be a d***.

As to your topic OP, I hope newer members will become aware of and utilize the ignore function. The forums are vast, for every 10 rant threads there will a few hidden gems that make this place really worth it.

1 Like

Boy…some of you really just don’t get how far we’ve come with flight simmer forums…:rofl:
Yes appreciate this place…appreciate the staff here alot.
Before this place there were certain extremely censored forums that would turn into a level 4 prison penitentiary in regards to a new flight sim product…cough Microsoft Flight. Where the forum’s staff were so far up Microsoft’s butt and biased that they felt the need to immediately delete and ban any review or criticism they felt placed Microsoft Flight in a bad light.

So again folks yes appreciate this new breath of fresh air in the simmer forum realm, with new age ranges of people, new ideas, new staff(well hopefully it isn’t the remnants of the same old regime) and a tolerance for new technology…cough… VR…XBOX Console…free of biased persecution :rofl:

2 Likes

If I have a problem with MSFS and post it here, does that make me a hater of MSFS? :confused:

4 Likes

Absolutely not, because your observations - at least those that I’ve read - all fall into the category of Constructive Criticism.

The posts that begin with, “I’ve had enough…” or “I’m out…” - those are the ones you can just skip. Nothing to see move along, move along…

Screenshot 2020-12-05 103057

Judging by the latest reviews be it MS Store or Steam, it becoming obvious that the sim/game has issues with the ability to fly, depending on the type and what your game play might be. To observers looking to get into the game, it apparent that it has issues, be it the reviews or the forums. Those who are observant enough in researching, will likely delay in purchasing and check back later to see if game play has improved? Based on the negativity within the past few months, I’d think potential players will wait and purchase other games worth more their value and game play or simulation. It obvious for all the rest of us, there are serious bugs in some aspects that we are ‘patiently’ waiting to be resolved. I for one had 145hrs. of game play in the first month of release. Since the Japan update, I’ve had only 1 hour as because of bugs affecting my flights and making the game ‘unplayable’ as I can’t fly the aircraft with their features (autopilot), without crashing, or to just CTD. The longer the bugs go unresolved, the more negativity becomes apparent being either in the forums, or the games overall reviews. Asobo needs to get a grasp and fix these issues, before potential customers bypass the game, and the long run of the game in general becomes uncertain. With the 10 year promised development process, I don’t see Asobo able to develop and support this game beyond 2, without Microsoft, or another studio stepping in to try and fix all the issues and save such a significant IP as this (be it aircraft manufacturers, partnerships, and other 3rd party supporters). Based on the current releases and bugs, Asobo might have gone to far in trying to develop such a platform that they don’t know much about flight simulation. 90% of the aircraft SDK so far is FSX, so it isn’t revolutionary. The game engine is running nice scenery, but the aircraft themselves cannot be simulated appropriately. I can’t get a refund, but I can only tell others that the game/sim isn’t ready yet, as it really just a beta, or even alpha stage release at best, as the rest of us currently are being used to test an unfinished simulation and product.

Hi,
no, definitly not. But there are so much forum users with arguments that are obviosly wrong! If you read those comments: you know that they only wan’t to bush this simulator, this is not helpful at all, not for us pilots, and not for Asobo! I’am not going to say that everything is fine with FS2020 (i didn’t do so in all my posts)…
if something is not clear please read my main post again, there is nothing what i need to repeat! :wink:

i really can’t follow you!

Why there are so many users out there which have really less issues. And the other party is always complaing? Again, we all use the same peace of software!

This is, hardware issues aside, not logical…

Oh dear…take it easy on him @EvidencePlz :rofl: