This is considered an ''Performance Upgrade" ? [SU5][ personal experience]

Stumbled over this thread by accident. Interesting, even though I wouldn’t draw the same conclusions…

Here is the video linked in this article:

If you’re keen on detail, you’ve probably noticed that MSAA doesn’t work anymore for P3D and other titles, also taxiway and runway lines give an “ant marching” effect.

This effect is also visible on scenery as shown in the following video from another user:

I don’t believe I’ve noticed any of this on my test system both in 3D and VR though.

Installed P3D last night to bridge the gap until the first higher-level airliner will become available in FS2020 and to challenge my own observations from earlier this year on my old rig: Yes, AA isn’t really working anymore, which is noticeable in the cockpit as well as for the scenery.

What’s also extremely funny is that back with my i7700K/1080Ti combo, I’ve been able getting decent fps in VR with SS 240(!) and 10.9 GB VRAM usage, now with my 5950x/3090 I’m GPU limited with 35 fps (SS 100) and only 8 GB VRAM usage (that’s all in P3D). So I’d say similar “downgrades” in these regards–very strange that VRAM usage took such a huge hit in P3D as well…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.