This is pissing me off. what now?

I am working on the Mackinaw bridge. one time its there, but the exclusion polygon is gone and wont remove the old bridge. then I rebuild the project, save again, now the bridge wont show up. So I start from scratch in a new simple scenery folder. again, Nothing. Im so frustrated right now

1 Like

I was trying to replace a bridge with a custom model last weekend and hit, I think, the same problem. I’ve built a few airports so I’m familiar with the general process, and I was following along with a model importing tutorial… In the SDK everything looks great. My model is there… the exclusion polygon is removing the bridge… but when I build it and put it in the Community folder… Nothing… My bridge isn’t there… the old bridge is there so the exclusion poly isn’t even working. I tried starting from scratch and hit the same issue.

Unfortunately I have no help to offer. But I understand your frustration and will be following along with this thread to see if there’s a solution :slight_smile:

Ive imported many models, and had no problems until yesterday. With this project and flint city. Both the exclusion polygons wont save. but now the model wont save. it did the first time, but without the polygon.

but now the model wont save

Does the model not save in just the built project? Or if you close out of the SDK and then load the project again is the model gone there too?

Mine disappeared entirely from the project… If I close the game, reopen, reload the project… the model I placed just isn’t there. I’ve got the scenery saving to a uniquely named XML file and I’m saving the scenery… I don’t know what’s going on… I’ll probably try from scratch again. I think there was an SDK update released last night? May be worth downloading that and giving it a try.

I had it in the community folder working once, with the model, but no polygon. then everytime after that, the model would be in the SDK, but not save the scenery .bgl file.

I’ve had problems with custom objects not displaying until I fly a distance away. Then they appear on return. It might be related to scaling or LODs of the object. Large objects could cause a problem as their origin point might not be within the screen viewport. Just a guess.

I got the polygon in there, the bridge is there too, now with updated textures and lighting, the old bridge is gone. but now there is traffic on the new bridge, and under it. LMAO