This is really bad (FBW withdraws A32NX from the Marketplace)

I understand, just wanted to make sure folks had the whole picture.

Sim Update 5 has ruined nearly everything My controls freeze when I hold the right mouse button to pan around the cockpit and I loose control of the aircraft and crash ruins the experience.
Thanks Asobo

1 Like

Thanks for the great reply! I feel absolutely the same way about folks not becoming hostile. With that said, and I know the FBW team has nothing to do with this, I think Asobo/Microsoft need to identify an immediate plan for communicating with the community. Pulling the pin, dropping the grenade and clocking out for the weekend on a Friday at 5pm is tough. Unfortunately we live in a world where everyone is always connected. Sometimes it’s as simple as just saying, “We’re aware, we’re working on it. Hope to have an answer for you in the next xx hours/days”. Just some food for thought.

**Just to add, I understand that many on the team don’t take off during the weekends and are still very much lurking the forums. We just need more people feeding the community with information.

2 Likes

We are all witness the new era of flight sim generation.
There are issues, yes, but Los Asobos are the most advance professional gaming company so far to create a new advance flight sim platform.
Before 5 years i was dreaming to have an environment with multilayered volumetric clouds and the Whole Planet to fly with butter smooth fps. We are almost there, be patience !!

I hope so

Maybe the issue is Asobo did a major rewrite to the game engine, so now the dev’s need to take sometime to make changes on their end.

Should Asobo have update the SDK and passed it along well before the release? YES
Did they I dont know.
Its not the end of the world it not the ‘oh no the sim is already comming to and end yet’

They did release an update to the SDK on Thursday.

Gotcha, I appreciate the info! I thought I saw a scheduled stream and assumed it would be a Q&A but that’s probably what it was. Thanks again

1 Like

Can ASOBO/MS explain why they encrypted API content?

2 Likes

The FBW team released a stable version in the MSFS store. This means it has been tested and is reliable without bugs crashing it (last updated 6th May 2021)

With the release of Sim Update 5, the store stable version no doubt wouldn’t work, hence the reason it was withdrawn.

By it’s definition, a development version or iteration of the FBW model is known to have bugs and is a constant work in progress. This is the version recommended by them because it is mostly updated daily and would have the best chance of working with Sim Update 5 in it’s current state.

Some development FBW issues are ( I have just tried completing a flight with the FBW Dev version in Sim Update 5);
1.Loss of FMC or MCDU interaction with the plane. Autopilot, heading, auto throttle not working correctly or dropping out.
2.Loss of Elevator, rudder, and throttle control caused by a freezing of hardware input every 10 seconds (This was the killer for me, I couldn’t land)
3.MCDU input of destination airport, which upon selection froze the sim for 10 seconds.

Asobo have made a lot of changes ‘behind the scenes’ that 3rd party developers again will have to play catchup in order to get their planes working. see link below
(FlightSim.Com - PMDG Issues Statement On Latest MSFS Update)

Think that was sarcasm. It’s like the standard Windows fix “try rebooting your computer”.

For some reason I can’t fathom, despite the actions of Asobo, the professional developers and those who support with things like A32NX there are some who refuse to accept there is or was any sort of problem “Well, mine works”. I’ve tried to help a few people who clearly are not rookies.

Because those contents were licensed to external parties.

From a project/program management perspective, a lot of what happened was avoidable.

1 Like

I’ve already had updates for a Carenado plane, the runway textures pack and an airport. I’m sure more will come in the next few days/weeks.

I can only compare this situation to the freeware aircraft available for X-Plane.
With each new version of X-Plane, very few existing freeware aircraft remain compatible with the new version. That’s the main reason why I don’t use it - some of the freeware planes I’d really like to use in XP11 were created for XP9 (for example) and can only be used in XP9. Now THAT is really bad.
The FBW mod CAN be updated for each new version of MSFS, and will need to be updated again and again in the future. The FBW team need to be prepared to make changes because nothing in MSFS is set in stone.

If you’re trying to fly the FBW dev version and have a rolling cache, try deleting that. I read it worked for someone on Github, and since I deleted my rolling chache I can fly without CTDs.

Exactly. That’s the least Asobo should have done. They either have no PR dept / agency – or an incompetent one.

2 Likes

Not if Asobo don’t have control of the releases it isn’t. Many developers have been there, “look it has to go out whatever”

1 Like

The program management for the overall project is done at Microsoft.
The developers at Asobo are just executing whatever MS asks for, within their means. Their only customer is Microsoft. It is Microsoft’s role to know what their external dev shop can and cannot do, and set release schedules accordingly.

2 Likes

I’ve been developing on Windows since 3.0 which gives you some idea how old I am. They don’t even know this with their own developers let alone anyone else’s.

2 Likes