Throttle going to idle - new bug?

While flying the icon this afternoon, I had PG on but it looked bad, so I hit esc to look at the data menu, when I returned in flight I noticed I was dropping from the sky and the engine revs were low, stick is all the way forward. I cycle the stick and the revs pick back up to normal. I hit esc again to goto the menu screen, esc return to game and same thing? New Bug since the last patch?

1 Like

A good title helps other users find your topic and encourages them to join in the conversation. Topic titles must be concise and clearly outline the purpose of your discussion.

Please alter your topic title. You can do this by clicking the pencil icon next to the topic title.

Your physical fuel mixture lever is probably set to full lean. Whether the Icon uses it or not, it will still have an effect and an ESC/resume cycle will synchronise your physical controls to your cockpit controls

Itā€™d be interesting to see what happens if you use Set Pause ON and Set Pause OFF vs. using ESC. Technically the only things that still flow with Set Pause are the dynamic systems like weather, time and traffic. Everything else, your aircraft is totally frozen.

Dont know, while I dont fly the icon all that much it has never done this beforeā€¦Iā€™ll have to try with a different plane and see if it happens there. I thought there was a thread on it, but I couldnt find it.

Unplugged the joystick, plugged in the old standby, rebooted, restarted FS, chose the supralite this time loaded to runway, hit esc. when I came back throttle had moved to 50% power even the the stick was pulled all the way back, recycled power to idle again, hit esc, back to 1/2 throttle againā€¦this is getting old real quick.

Engine stops by itself - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Aircraft engine stops running. ^e sometimes restarts it - Default Aircraft / Pistons - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Engines Shutting Down - Bugs & Issues / Aircraft Systems - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

But the engine doesnt stop running the throttle sets itself to 50% powerā€¦2 different planes 2 different aircraftā€¦Just check config nothing bound to esc but pauseā€¦this is whack and I was going to buy that X56 tomorrow while I was in the big city. Guess Iā€™ll hold off on that purchase one more timeā€¦

If you donā€™t have any of the assistance options activated then maybe check for other controls that might have been mapped to the throttles, without you knowing.

Check all controllers for assigned mappings, including any xbox/PS controllers you might have plugged in. You can use the ā€˜assignedā€™ category and perhaps search for ā€œthrottleā€ and/or ā€œthrustā€

I did, nothing is bound to escā€¦itā€™s doing it on 2 diff joysticks, wasnt doing it this morning either, and I havent changed a thing since thenā€¦

it wouldnā€™t necessarily be bound to esc. As i said, the positions of your physical controls are synchronised, usually for the first time, to your virtual cockpit controls, when you do an ESC and then resume. This would mean that you wouldnā€™t necessarily notice any ā€œghostā€ mappings unless you do use the Esc menu.

I donā€™t know if this a new bug, or even a bug at all. Make sure your throttle settings are right. Once my Mixture and Fuel levers got reversed, so on full throttle, I had minimum Mixture.

Iā€™ve reported this one to Zendesk. I think it may still be happening in this recent update, sometimes Iā€™ve had it actually set my throttle to full forward after exiting the ESC menu. For now, Iā€™ve gotten into slightly adjusting my throttle (which will return it to your actual throttle position) when exiting the menu.

I have the exact same problem. Pressing escape and resuming reduces the throttle, prop and mixture levers to 50%. Doing a normal pause doesnā€™t. Checked for conflicts and all looks good in terms of assignments so thatā€™s not the issue.

2 Likes

I have the same problem. My Throttle and Mixture goes back to zero. Searched all axis at all peripherals.

2 Likes

same problem. mixture prop and throttle going to 50% after going to the menu. untill you move them again. Never had this problem before. Definetely a bug since the latest update.

2 Likes

Same here. I noticed it this morning when flying the Justflight Arrow. I hit Esc and throttle, prop and mixture controls all synched and went to 50%

1 Like

I have this problem when hitting ā€œESCā€ and then coming back to the sim, Iā€™m experiencing the throttle either increasing when on the ground at idle or getting moved while in the air, the speedbrake axis also seems to be affected. This wasnā€™t happening in the previous version of the sim.

I can quickly correct by moving the throttles or speedbrakes on my throttle controls just slightly, everything goes back to where it should.

Tested so far on the FBW A320 and default Cessna 172.

@bburkley4569
I also have this issue. It was also happening with the prior WU and continues now after yesterdays (4/13).

Same issue for me as wellā€¦I posted about it over in the feedback thread before I saw this threadā€¦

I have it here as well, maybe its not a bug, maybe its there way of saying ā€˜We know performace s u c k s quit trying to tweak it, its not gonna get any better for the time being!ā€™ .