Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder Pedals not recognized

I hope someone can help. I’ve been happily flying for a little while now. Last time I attempted to fly, my Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder pedals were no longer recognised by MSFS. Its still recognised by the PC, I’m able to use DCS no issues and in the Hardware settings on my PC its still showing working properly.

• I’ve changed USB ports.
  • updated the drivers (no need, they were current).
  • Changed USB power management.

Still not recognised.

MSFS still does not recognise the pedals at all. Short of uninstalling and reinstalling as a last resort. Does anyone have any suggestions or have experienced this issue yet?

Kind of frustrating not being able to fly in MSFS without my hardware working.

Cheers :grinning:

Do they not appear in the list at the top at all?

Nope not at all. They do appear in the settings on my pc though. Just not in the game controls options.

They do work flawlessly in DCS though too. So not sure what’s going on.

Well I got my pedals working. I uninstalled steam and reinstalled it again.

My new issue now is the sim closes anytime I try to open my controls tab.

So I can’t adjust or swap my throttle controls out of the standard single prop config.

Lucky I love the sim. Its harder work then my ex was haha.

1 Like

There are a few threads on the forum that may address that. My bet is that page only crashes when you have those pedals plugged in. If so, on disk there is a file that represents that device, and it may be a “null” profile, with no bindings. That file has to be removed, or manually populated with bindings.

There is a process of doing that which I don’t fully remember, but involves putting Steam in to offline mode, which stops the cloud services from pulling down the profile again after you have deleted/modified it. All your settings are in the cloud, you see, including the problematic one.

Search for “null profile” or similar, and hopefully that will point you in the right direction.