Thrustmaster TCA Airbus side stick

Do people still use screensaver these days? Besides, you can just disable/unplug the joystick when not in use, or have the PC ignore any input coming from your joystick. And for me if I want to use screensaver, I’ll just turn off the monitor. It’s the best screensaver method there is. Otherwise, maybe you need to recalibrate the joystick to have a default deadzone in the middle, so any micro-twitch input is ignored by the computer, even when the physical lock is engaged.

I have 7 screens so yes, my screen saver that turns off power is a good solution compared to turning them off one by one… Unplugging the devices is a way to do it of course but basically, I just wanted the screensaver to activate… If I put deadzones in MSFS 2020 for example, of course they are not mirrored in Windows and in the Windows → Control panel → Game controller, I don’t see where I could set deadzone for the TCA Airbus Captain pack, where would that be?

7 Screens?? I’ve seen people with 3 monitors at most… but 7?! Merlin’s Beard!!

In any case… If you haven’t done so, try to install the Thrustmaster T.A.R.G.E.T software. It’ll give you more functionality to your joystick, including adding deadzones on the software level outside of MSFS. I haven’t tried it myself, but from what I can see, it should theoretically works for your case. Doesn’t hurt to try, right?

You can get them in here under Software: TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition - Thrustmaster - Technical support website

And here’s the user manual: TARGET_User_Manual_ENG.pdf (thrustmaster.com)

I wanted to let you know that it worked using T.A.R.G.E.T. BUT I have to open T.A.R.G.E.T. and run the script, otherwise, it won’t work when I restart Windows. Is there a way to have the deadzones work automatically after every reboot without opening T.A.R.G.E.T.? (Something I will probably always forget lol)

Maybe add T.A.R.G.E.T into a list of auto-run apps when Windows are turned on?

You can read how to do them here: How to launch apps automatically during startup on Windows 11 | Windows Central

As for the script. Hmm… I’m not sure how to do that yet, since I don’t have T.A.R.G.E.T but if you can just save the setting, it should be able to auto-run the script when T.A.R.G.E.T runs, so as long as you set it up with the method above, it should work as well.

Well… Here are my findings:

• If I start T.A.R.G.E.T and run the profile (the problem with target, on “open”, it doesn’t automatically start your profile), screen saver will work
  • If I close T.A.R.G.E.T, it will still work until the PC is restarted

I’m familiar with auto-run apps but T.A.R.G.E.T. would open but not the configuration. I tried to associate the profile with T.A.R.G.E.T and then launch the profile but it just opens T.A.R.G.E.T… If I find a way to load the profile automatically, it will work at every reboot but for now, it doesn’t work unless I load the profile manually in T.A.R.G.E.T but there’s progress lol