Thrustmaster TCA Throttle Quadrant USB device not recognised error

My TH support guy is telling me “Actually, this is not a common issue.” by me looking at this forum I can see that he is full of it.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: amazing.

1 Like

After me even sending him the link to this forum :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Hey All, thanks for initiating and contributing to this thread!

I received my quadrant along with the bundled stick a few days ago. All was fine for a bit until the quadrant began disconnecting (stick works without any issues). I’ve tried all the previously suggested measures, however, without any luck. The device seems to work flawlessly until it out of thin air disconnects. Changing the cable appeared to be the real solution at first but sadly it didn’t last long…
As I have now wasted plenty of time on this “out of the box” experience, I’m trying to decide whether to go for a full refund (entitled through the reseller) and go for some other device or request a replacement. Therefore, those of you who have received their replacements, could you please confirm if the issue still persists?

It is worth mentioning that the quadrant only disconnects while in FS2020, never otherwise. As I don’t currently own other games on which I could test this out, has anyone else encountered the disconnecting issue on other games?

3 Likes

Dude - you are welcome to this thread - also i have had my replacement now for at least 2 months and not had a single issue… definitely a rush job by TM in China for a lot of units - the QC process was poor. Get a replacement :slight_smile:

My sidestick has been flawless - love it.

2 Likes

i also have the TCA sidestick its great

2 Likes

The problem started for me when I was using FSX. Got my replacement Quadrant from Thrustmaster a few days ago. So far so good.

2 Likes

Any news simmers?

1 Like

All still working fine with my replacement device so far! I’ve been trying to test it for longer before reporting back, but everything seems fine compared to the previous one. :+1:

2 Likes

Here is what worked for me. Had the same issue:

You need to deactivate the Windows 10 USB Power Management.

Right click on Windows Logo and select “Power Options”
Select “Power and Sleep” and select “Additional power settings” on the right
Select “Change plan settings”
Select “Change advanced power settings”
Tap on the + symbol of “USB settings” and “USB selective suspend setting” underneath
Disable both “On battery” and “Plugged in”
On screen should be both stated as “Disabled”
Start new
… done

If you cant see that settings you may activate this doing the following procedure:

Google “USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing” (I cannot post links here)

3 Likes

My setup is working fine - even the slip seems to be working…

3 Likes

Hello,

I have the same issue since January (received my Quadrant in January)
Sometimes, it is working during all the flight
Sometimes, it is disconning after few seconds.

No idea. Seems to work when I remove all the Thrustmaster Drivers, reinstall it 's work. but not anymore as soon as I power off/power on my computer

Thrustmaster support send me to Microsoft, as they said the device is recognized by the PC, but unknown by Microsoft… Not really aggree but…

If someone have an answer, idea…

Thanks in advance

1 Like

i recevied a fully new quadrant and everything is working fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ordered the TCA Addon - expected to be delivered tomorrow!!

1 Like

Keep bothering Thrustmaster support because that’s a pretty pathetic attempt on their part to pass the buck. The problem is that it keeps disconnecting (Thrustmaster problem). The “USB device not recognized” is just a symptom.

1 Like

I had this same issue with the Quadrant. Tried everything mentioned in this thread. Still intermittent disconnects. Purchased from Microsoft Store a couple weeks ago. Going to exchange for hopefully working version.

1 Like

TCA Quadrant Addon arrived today - connected, plugged in via Throttles USB-C - worked first time out of the box, nothing to do or configure! www.box.co.uk if anyone is looking, they have more stock coming soon!

4 Likes

Thanks, Thursmaster have finally proceed to the exchange of the TCA Airbus Quadrant. I’m supposed to receive it today.
Many customers who received product end of January 2021 seems to have the same issue.

Have a nice week.

3 Likes

I received mine today after RMA. Same unit, repaired, with note : Link cable to main pcb replaced. Hope it will be ok.

3 Likes

Hopefully that is QC check that will be done more often on production!! Glad to hear it went well for you!

3 Likes