Thrustmaster TCA Throttle Quadrant USB device not recognised error

Just for fun - Alps are pretty today!

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your detailed resolution. I had been having problems with my device for sometime and was about to get it replaced but your post helped to solve the issue.

Really appreciate your help very much.

1 Like

Tudo exatamente a mesma coisa aqui. Quase desistindo. Meu caso que comprei pelo Eshop mas fora do paĂ­s e no meu pĂĄis nĂŁo hĂĄ suporte para o Thrustmaster. Ainda nĂŁo sei oq fazer alĂ©m, de rezar. Lendo tudo que vcs postarem aqui pra ver se acho um raiozinho para mim de iluminação
 grato a todos.

1 Like

The replacement unit I received in March has now started having the same problem again! :cold_sweat: I haven’t got much time at the moment to test different solutions and don’t know if I have the strength to contact Thrustmaster support again, but I’ll post here if there are any further developments
 I’d be interested to know if anybody else who received a replacement is having the same trouble, but I hope not!

1 Like

oh no! the one i have is luckily still working
 could change soon :0

If you have already tried all the recommendations in the post above check if this might be of help.

Check out if there’s any BIOS update available that fixes USB issues.

I just updated BIOS for my MSI X570 Tomahawk WIFI motherboard and there was mention of a fix for USB issues.

1 Like

It helps me too. Thx mate!

I’ve started having this problem. I can sometimes get it back by messing with 1&2 back to 3&4 and to 1&2 again and it comes back, the discconect and error comes up eventually after - sometimes hours sometimes days
 Dunno what to do, gonna cost me more than the things worth to send it back to Thrustmaster lol

Same problem here
 sometimes, the device works fine and a few days later
 usb connection error.

Did you try all the above - after i had a new one i ‘touch wood’ have not had the problem since

A have tested any USB energy soloutions, on an extra usb pci card, on second pc and a second usb-c cable. The device must have an hardware issue. I will open a ticket now.

2 Likes

Haven’t been on this post in ages, hope you all missed me haha. It’s a shame to know more and more people are going through this pain

@Steamy5771 Have your repaired device the same issue?

Yup, I had to send it to France haha

Do i understand right? The device what TM have sent repaired back is broken again? :open_mouth:

For what it’s worth, I have the same issue with my throttle quadrant. My first one was faulty out of the box, so I had it replaced by the reseller. The replacement unit worked for a couple months, then suddenly in the middle of a flight, I heard the Windows USB disconnect/reconnect sounds, and the “device malfunctioned” notification. It’s a shame there isn’t a more robust version of this throttle, getting kind of tired of the RMA process. :frowning:

This device is a diva. For three weeks it was dead and i was waiting for a RMA ticket. All of a sudden today it goes again, see you next time.

Device returned from repair service. Diagnosis: Cable from main PCB to USB PCB. The Device works one week and now
 same bug. Unbelievable.

I had same problem. Have you tried to turn both engine switches to off before you connect unit to pc? This fix worked to me

Hmm, i dont use the engine switches. They are always in position “OFF”. Do you have a AMD system, too?