Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedals

I got the TFRP and started using them last week. This is the first time I am using any type of rudder pedals and found taxing the A32NX wit it quiet tricky. Aircraft sways sideways on giving more than medium rudder input and becomes difficult to control. Rudder is connected to Thrustmaster TCA quadrant instead of the PC.

The 32NX website does say there will be a couple of seconds lag for initiating a turn and coming out of it as well so, turns have to be anticipated which likely will take some time getting used to.

I am not sure if it is the pedals or this fact from 32NX and am looking at suggestions from the community to address it.

I’ve just made the swap from a twisty joystick to the same pedals and It certainly is a definite change! I’m still finding the odd landing where I over-react but this is also due to ingrained muscle memory of trying to twist the joystick! lol!

Not the most exciting thing to do but I’ve found several touch and goes in a GA aircraft with a very, very light crosswind helps to develop the new muscle memory way of controlling the plane, I would say that probably if you are anything like me it is a user issue rather than sim/mod issue.

2 Likes

Hello!
Don’t hesitate to tweak the sensibility parameters for the X cursor.
I had a lot of trouble to find the neutral point so I enlarged the dead zone value thus giving more place for the neutral point, lessened the reactivity value as well as some other params.
And sure enough the mastering of the TFRP needs some practice…

Hope that helps.

4 Likes

Oh yes, muscle memory has to be re-tuned now. I once slammed the brakes instead of pushing the pedals :laughing:

1 Like

Would recommend looking into setting up your twist axis for the tiller/taxiing! Nose Wheel and Tiller Operation - FlyByWire Simulations Documentation

Pro tip, regrease those pedals with nyogel and they perform far better IMO! Way more precise.

3 Likes

Thanks, will try this out.

Ha ha I have soooo done this as well!

To avoid the unwanted braking, I’ve heard real pilots mutter “Heels on the floor” when they only want to steer. :joy:

Topic moved into #self-service:peripherals

to tweak the sensibility parameters for the X cursor
It is recommended to put some butter on the two iron rods to increase friction.
I am using this rudder to operate very well.
Completely synchronized steering