Thrustmeter TCA Throttle Quadrant- working properly?

I just got the throttle quadrant today and first go of it was a mess in the system. Installed the drivers and things seem better except for the throttle. I was doing a TBM flight and I go to the third notch after take off which should be climb unless I am missing something, and while at 5,000 feet I pull back to the third notch and I feel like I am 20% power. So know I am trying to maneuver the throttle between the third notch and takeoff to keep a good climb speed but the throttles won’t stay.

What am I missing? Do I need to change a setting?

Deos TBM has throttle detents like they do with the Airbus?

It does not. Does that make a difference?

Well yeah, the detents for the TCA quadrant is designed to be used for aircraft with detent “engine modes” like the Airbus. If you’re flying an aircraft without detents, it’s better to follow the quadrant’s manual to remove the detents to make for a smooth throttle movement. Because you don’t want the throttle to “lock” onto a position where you can’t control the power that you want in an aircraft without them.

Got the entire TCA System months ago,it’s really naff and cheap to handle and still won’t configure correctly, so packed it back up and went back to my WartHog system…
It was Sold on a promise, never delivered the “goods”…
Never mind you live and learn…

Yeah, it’s not for everyone… this TCA system is technically designed to be used for a specific aircraft and it just doesn’t behave like it should for the other aircraft… That’s why I also have the Logitech X56. So if I feel like flying anything other than the A320, I use that. Hahah.

I still have my other thrustmaster so I guess I will switch to that for general aviation. Wish they did a better job with the Airbus version. You live and you learn

What did you have in mind? Mine is working exactly the way I want it to.

Being able to use it for aircraft outside of the A320

Hahah yeah… well, that’s why they branded it with Airbus edition. There are a lot of other alternatives out there that’s an all-around work for any type of aircraft. It seems counter-intuitive to release a product with a Airbus brand with a specialty for airbus aircraft in-mind, but to make it usable for any other aircraft anyway.

What’s your reason to get the TCA quadrant?