Time as in sunrise sunset seems off by quite a bit

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
no
Brief description of the issue:
sun is up in life, barely first light in game

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
no thank you

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
play the game at sunrise

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
SU9

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Have you clicked on “live time”? Is is properly synched? Are you on the same location? Screenshots/photos?

1 Like

Xbox or PC?

The live time said it was live but really wasn’t until I clicked it?

Just a touch of MSFS oddness I guess.

On a similar note that I have posted on before, is that in the game it’s practically dark by the time the sun goes beyond the horizon. At out latitudes it’s still light(ish) for another hour.

1 Like

I live in Arizona we do not do DST. My local time is always off by an hour.

2 Likes

I love the fact the rest of the idiots said lets make it always DST … no lets not have it be noon when the giant ball of fire that regulates our lives is at the top of the sky, lets move that by an hour so 9-5 makes more sense.

wanders off looking for an incorrect sundial to kick

3 Likes

This issue still exists. I was in PAKH (Akhiok, Kodiak, Alaska) on apron for over two hours this morning, starting in the dark and waiting for sunrise. Live weather and live time. Light finally came about 1 hour after irl sunrise took place. I used weathercams.faa.gov to check conditions, and saw the light coming about an hour earlier than in the game. The game was showing correct time for the location, matching FAA data, but the sun was 1 hour late.

1 Like

After some more observations and discussions with other people, I concluded that live weather cameras are misleading by increasing exposure/brightness automatically making image look brighter. Sunrise time in the game is indeed correct.

I think we never discussed the actual time of sunrise and sunset, but the amout of light before dawn and after sunset.

In the sim, at sunset it’s pretty much dark, while in real life there’s about an hour of useable daylight left
The image is as perceived on a very wet and overcast day at 7 minutes to sunset.