Ting-Tong's world tour in the DA62

Hi everybody,

Couple days ago Ive deciced to fly all around the world to enjoy the beauty of this flight sim and make hopefully enjoyable log about it :slight_smile:

Ive decided to use my orange DA62 ( modded by mrtommymxr) which ive found the most suitable aircraft to make this trip.

My world tour will take you around the most beautiful scenic places, famous landscapes ,mountains and landmarks.

The trip will start from my home airport Twente Airport in the Netherlands and the route I will be taking is: Netherlands - North europe - Central Asia - Southeast Asia - Oceania - Eastern Asia - West America - South America - Caribbean Islands - East America - West Europe - Africa - Middle East and back to Twente Airport ( calculated total distance of around 150k kilometers!! ).

I am planning on updating the travel log around 1 - 2 times a week depending on the progress I make.

Any tips, tricks and advice to fly to along the route are very welcome :slight_smile:

My progress can be followed on the flight tracker Volanta:
https://fly.volanta.app/profile/Worldtraveler

Starting date 16-may-2021
Current progress: ( 14-June-2021 )
Total distance flown: 6375NM
Total flights: 49
Flight hours: 44:01

14 juni

2 Likes

Part 1: Bye Netherlands , tour around Netherlands which contains some more pictures then I would share in later parts :slight_smile:

Preparing my DA62, last final checks

Ready for take off

After departure from Twente Airport runway 23you will fly straight into FC Twente soccer stadium

Flyby over my hometown

The Veluwe a 1.000 km² big forest in the middle of The Netherlands.

National Parc Biesbosch, where 2 big rivers Maas and Waal Merge together

Some windmills, our country has over 2000 windmills ruining the beautifull landscape :slight_smile:

Vlissingen Boulevard

Oosterscheldekering, a large dam that prevents from flooding

Water you thinking? Bring in the Dutch! The Dutch are famous for improving safety over water hazards and gaining Land ( take a look at the Palm Islands in Dubai, created by Dutch company Van Oord )

Maasvlakte, Entry of Europe’s biggest harbour and 11th in the World

Rotterdam Harbour

Rotterdam Euromast (Highest viewpoint )

Rotterdam City

Landing at Rotterdam - The Hague Airport

Rotterdam Airport

Region Westland, where all the Marijuana been made :wink:

Beachtown Scheveningen

I don’t know what this 747 was doing, crashed a few seconds later lol

Over the Dunes with The Hague and Scheveningen in the background

Leiden City

Landing at Schiphol Airport

Schiphol Airport

Amsterdam Harbour

Approaching Amsterdam

Amsterdam Dam Square

Amsterdam Rijksmuseum

Amsterdam ArenA , home Stadium of AFC AJAX

Afsluitdijk, another dam that prevents our country from flooding

Wadden Sea, when we have low tide, you can walk over the Mud banks to some of the Islands on the Wadden Sea

Ameland, one of the Islands in the Wadden Sea

Ameland Lighthouse

On Finals, landing on Ameland Airport

Ameland Airport

2 Likes

Best way to get flying hours. :star_struck:
I started my round the world trip in September with a TBM, but I flown in the other direction. Today, after around 75000nm and around 300hrs of flight time, I landed at Victoriafalls in Africa. Still 6000 or 7000nm yet to go to finish my roundtrip.
Have fun and take your time. I did all my legs with live weather and sometimes I got in real trouble caused by weak flight preparation and bad weather conditions. So I learned to read Metar and TAF more carefully. :laughing:
My first 20000nm were planed with the sim itself. Then I installed LittleNavMap (LNM) and this made the Flight Planing more realistic and more precisely including SIDs and STARs for my IFR legs, which were more than 70% of my flights.
Overall it was a lot of fun and sometimes I’m gone mad to find a good Routing, I.e. to cross the pacific. Maybe you will get in trouble with the DA62, because the pacific is huge.

1 Like

Wow, you have the finish in sight already, hope it was a good trip :slight_smile:

I will try to fly in Live weather as much as possible but on legs where I want to make some nice screenshots I will adjust it to somewhat nicer weather :smiley:

Ill check out LittleNavMap, currently I Use the flightsim scenery map and just make a route in the Flightsim itself and enter landmarks and airports as waypoints.

Crossing the Pacific Ocean won’t be possible for me, instead I will cross at the Bering Sea and hop over Greenland and Iceland to get back to Europe :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was a good trip for sure. Got a lot of inspiration from a FB Group. I.e. very nice Places to land. I made a sidestep to Antarctica with the need of an Addon Airfield, because the airfield exists in real but it’s not in the Sim. Tried a long range flight near by the maximum range of that plane inside Antarctica, which was a real flight 3 years ago with 2 TBMs. I made it with a good flight prep and waited a few days to get the best wind situation for my flight.
Made a long range flight from Alaska to the west to an Airport which was my startpoint to cross the pacific. (There are only two possibilities to cross the pacific with a TBM) One was made earlier from a guy at the FB group because I gave him a hint. :grin:
Anyway, on that trip from Alaska I had two possibilities. First, make a diversion because I was running out of fuel or second, my choice, stay as long as possible in FL310, turn off the engine and going into an engine off emergency descent until short of runway, turn the engine on, made a steep approach to catch the threshold and land with a fuel amount short before self shutdown. :rofl:

And all that gave me the experience to land at Lukla Airfield at the first try at bad weather without a crash and without landing there before.
Uhh. Crash…. I Never had a Crash on that trip except I was just „Gaming“, I.e doing some aerobatics with the TBM or something like that and there was one situation at my first stop at South America where I crashed on ILS Final, because I lost all my flight controls. But it was no error because of skills, it was just a glitch in the sim, when you have another monitor and you did something at the second monitor and forgot to switch over to the main one, you loose all flight Control in the sim until you get back to the main monitor. :worried:
Yeah, it’s fun at all. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nice adventure you had there :smiley: Ive had a trip before with my a320Neo from Amsterdam to Bangkok ive waited also for a good jet stream window and made it with 200kg of fuel left lol. it was close :joy:

Im planning to make a sidestep to Antartica as well ( Vinson Massiff ), but not sure yet it is in the range. before im there it wont be before the end of this year I guess lol. Maybe I just move a aircraft carrier to help me :sweat_smile:

I dont have throuble switching over the second display and back. the flight controlls keep working. just the keyboard and mouse stop working for me. till I press mouse button in flight display :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Goodluck and lots of fun on your journey! There is so much to see around the world.

About dams, I just heard about this one from my dad

Damming the entire North Sea, ambitious.

The biggest problem in the Netherlands is flooding from the rivers, all that water needs out. Screwed from both sides… My parents lived through the flooding of Zeeland, my mother grew up in Rotterdam and remembers they were worried there as well.

Great pictures! I still recognize all the sites (emigrated in 2002) I grew up in Apeldoorn.

1 Like

I didnt read about that yet. crazy expensive plan in my opinion. Better te raise the coast line if you ask me.

Tonight a new update :slight_smile: currently sorting some pictures but they arent the best quality because for some reason FS changed my graphic settings to medium instead of ultra :frowning:

I have just crossed the pond to Svalbard :slight_smile:

Part 2 - Ameland Airport to Borlange Airport (sweden)

Bremen Harbour

Came across this, had to look it up on google to find out what it was:

Hamburg Harbor

@ Uetersen Airport EDHE

Enroute to Lubeck

Lubeck

I knew there was a aircraft carrier nearby so I had to make a quick stop on it :slight_smile:

Den Nye Lillebæltsbro

Castle Kronborg

Kopenhagen city

Øresundsbron

Kalmarr Slott Castle

Enroute to Stockholm

Stockholm tele 2 Arena

Stockholm City

Uppsala

Got some bad weather on my way to Karlstadt, just good enough for a visual approach

Landing at my final destination Borlange Airport

And while uploading the final screenshot I overshoot my destination airport of today’s flight lol

To be continued :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Been working a bit whilst flying past days and also enjoying the nice weather at the moment so havent posted any updates. This Leg I went from Borlage Airport all the way up to Svalbard. Very nice scenery, sometimes just too rounded. I just missed the elevation fix, also also the upcoming scenic update offourse, but still A very nice Leg :slight_smile:

Somewhere on my way to Oslo

Oslo, could have made some better pics of Oslo but was low on time

Lovely forest area on the way to Stavanger Airport
![Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.05.23 - 12.04.55.88|690x388]
(upload://a94Vga2m2EQz8uNtP4AGwupMALm.jpeg)

Flying over the Fjords towards Alesund, maybe some forum members remember this since Ive flown the community event route again :slight_smile:

Birdstrike :slight_smile:

Approaching Spitsbergen

On Finals to Svalbard Airport

Soon A new update since I already made it to Baku :slight_smile:

2 Likes