Tips for fixing the stuck-on-the-last-loading-screen problem?

I recently filed a bug here regarding my problem that I can’t get back the last loading screen; things just continue to load indefinitely. Now, this is a problem that I’ve seen people mention around the internet from time to time, and I’ve encountered it before, so I don’t expect an official resolution anytime soon.

Has anyone had the same error and managed to resolve it? In that case, what did you do? Or does anyone have any suggestions about how to approach this?

I have the same problem for any flight in a major Australian city after Australia World Update. I noticed that when choosing a smaller city airport, the problem does not exist. I have tried turning off Photogrammetry and it did not help. I have confirmed the problem in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth. Hope this helps. Also, when I uninstalled the Australia World Update, the problem went away. Hope this helps. I am also looking for the solution from anyone in the know.

Do you have any third party add ons for those cities (including marketplace add ons)? The most likely cause is a conflict there. I’m assuming you’ve tried the obvious emptying of community folder?

Thank you. I do not have any addons for those cities and have also tried emptying the Community folder with no better result. Thanks for the reply.

Is this on starting up the sim, so you never get to the main menu?

Mots likely cause (but assuming you’ve tried this) is a conflict with something in your community folder, or “just” a very big community folder that takes a long time to load.

Another alternative is the context.xml file is corrupt, so you could try deleting that as it will recreate it on starting the sim.

deleting rolling cache is maybe a last throw of the dice?

This is the final load screen after choosing aircraft and flight origin city and Start Flight. Status bar slowly works its way across the bottom all the way to the end and never completes loading. Even let it sit overnight and never completes. Will try your context.xml file idea. thank you.

1 Like

I tried that as well, but no difference. Thank you.

Does it start in safe mode - although not sure how you get there if it doesn’t actually crash on you. Sorry running out of ideas.

I appreciate your help. Since the load never finishes, the only way to end the program is to terminate it. Sometimes, when restarting, Safe mode option will come up. I try that and makes no difference. Thanks so much for trying to help. The problem appears to be related to Australian cities for which they did Photogrammetry work on for this World Update.

Couple of thoughts:

You could try to remove just those cities. In content manager there is button at the top that “expands” the packages - so breaks the world updates (for example) into each component. You could see if there is something specific for those three cities that you could uninstall. That would at least narrow it down.

If it is PG related, you could try turning PG off, to see if it will at least start up then.

Only thing is, I’m not sure how you actually fix those things!

It still feels like some kind of conflict - do you have any marketplace bought add-on airports for those areas?

Thanks. I do not have any Marketplace addons at all for Australia. Will try your idea of removing a city in content manager.

Where might I find the context.html file, please? Thanks.

try with mp off, no live weather no live traffic? just to see if it goes further.

Tried:
Removing Photogrammetry cities in content manager for Australia Word Update - no difference
Turned off Multiplayer, Live Weather and Live traffic - no difference.

Next thing I will try, is starting flight at small city and go to large city and see what happens. Will keep you all appraised of results. Thanks to all of you.

Depends on which version. I have the MS Store version, and it is here:

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

I’m not sure exactly where it is for the steam version though

EDIT: See here for steam location:

Thanks. I have located it using your tip. After my test flight from small Australian city to large, I will delete this file, restart and try large city departure flight again.

1 Like

Probably not helpful, but I had a very similar experience after WU3 (UK). I had Orbx London Landmarks installed from the marketplace and didn’t think of it as a third party addon. Having this installed meant that flights starting in London City airport or Heathrow or any other airports near central London would hang on the flight loading screen. The blue bar would go all the way to the right but the flight would never load.

Interestingly, I could spawn into an airport a bit outside of London and then happily fly in to London City or Heathrow without any issues. Uninstalling Orbx London Landmarks fixed it for me, until Orbx issued a fix a little while later.

It will be interesting to see if your small to big flight works. Unfortunately you’ve not got an obvious addon culprit to uninstall :frowning:

Thanks for all suggestions! I have zero addons installed (not even the world updates). I recently completely uninstalled the whole simulator and started fresh. Same problem. I’ve deleted the rolling cache (I don’t even have it turned on in the first place).

I’ll try turning of photogrammetry and try to start from somewhere in the desert, but the next thing to try would probably be to just format the whole computer and really start afresh :neutral_face:

Ok, I solved it now. Kind of. When turning off Bing data, I could load into the simulator. Even though I’ve made a clean reinstall, I surmised that this probably had something to do with a plug-in I’ve used before that alter the map data. Reinstalling that plug-in and running it solved my problem completely, but now I seem to be locked out from using Bing map data :persevere: