To the most vocal community members: I am … confused

This is also a visibility issue. Some posts are rather hard to find and often masked by more active threads. People not voting, simply can also mean that people didn’t see the thread… I’ll say it again: A dedicated page with all wishes clearly and transparently listed, with positions only being removed when integrated into the sim and usable, and votecount remaining there all-time, would go a long way and make voting easier, more efficient and more visible.

After how most of the year(until SU4) went down, I’d agree, this wouldn’t be a necessary priority. The direction of the sim, as announced in the Q&A’s was easy to follow(words–>actions) However, with all the backlog full of PURE SIMULATION aspects, that are missing or being in a state of construction and full of bugs, together with the SU5 downgrade debacle, the store issues, the CTD,'s, the deviation from the “Pc first, full pc sim mantra”, calls for reassurance are completely justified as the the development roadmap, at least temporarily, heavily shifted toward the Xbox release, the Maverick expansion is proof of this.

I don’t want movie expansions with shiny external models and zero systems depth. I’d rather have the propeller simulation finished and tuned, ground handling improved, and the base airplanes brought to a better place. You know, an accurate mixture scaling and EGT indication for a start? Or how about an algorithm removing buildings from active runways, or one that ensures that trees don’t grow in longyearbyen, above the arctic circle, 1500 kilometers from the northpole or in actual ponds to collect salt…

I appreciate that the community can have their say in what we want to see in the sim, but some things should just be there and not have to be asked for! Ultimately, I think that most of us have communicated constructively, and that criticism will make the sim better and push the devs to create the best sim possible, in many ways it is already better than the other sims, but in others clearly not yet… All that said, I still believe in this product and will keep supporting it for years to come, it easily has the potential to outshine the other sims in every area, but that potential needs to be tapped into and materialized. Cheers

2 Likes

Nope. You (again) did not read my post, you actually prove my point :grin:.

3 Likes

Isn’t a problem with running a game on your computer not your problem? Many people reporting issues reveal no other pertinent information that would help anybody, let alone Asobo, fix that issue for you. And info about processor and GFX card is the least of it. I work in film production and see many opining about the stability of one piece of software or another while the majority have no issues. Those having issues are usually running unstable plugins or some proprietary crap and simply refuse to remove them to make their production software run smoothly. The same issue is happening here. People were told the FBW was unstable but kept trying to run it. What’s running in your system tray? Many are asked! “I don’t know, what’s the system tray?” some will respond. Problems are difficult to pin down, but if you say there is an issue and Asobo can find any issue and they, very obviously, don’t fix that issue but you keep having problems then we just go round and round.

8 Likes

I have a hard time believing this. When you really are interested in the development of this sim you first and foremost subscribe on all the posts from our fantastic CM’s! These posts come from people who very much know how to use the basic functionalities of a forum.

Not everybody agrees on this (proven by the many splendid SU5 screen shots that were posted here). And when it became clear that some (many?) people didn’t know that they were actually not flying Ultra because the sim did not remember the settings, I became even more suspicious. Now this is actually a bug that I have a hard time accepting that Asobo did not hotfix on day one. (See, I can be critical too :wink:).

6 Likes

What you describe is like changing the tyres on your car when the problem is the fuel pump.

9 Likes

That doesn’t even matter. If the product is called Microsoft Flight Simulator and shows Liners in the trailer, then IFR is pretty much confirmed. If that weren’t the case, then it should be renamed: Microsoft VFR simulator. All the features in the sim (Sids/Star) support, the selection of heavies, indicates that yes, it is also meant to be an IFR simulator. The addition of working title to recreate avionics, and FBW working on a realistic Airbus, are just further proof of this. No excuses here.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter what we personally believe, it only matters what reality has taught us since our appearance on the face of the earth, and as we know, everybody is different, sees different things and reacts differently to any given situation.

The only reason I play this game is because it’s VFR orientated, I have no interest in the Airbus or ATC. As a VFR game it succeeds on every level and inspires the imagination and I don’t need charts and some ATC guy to make that happen. I get that people enjoy taking it seriously but, as you say, it was not marketed as a trainer.

And the car I have runs this game flawlessly in 4K Ultra, with everything turned on. Might want to trade your car in.

6 Likes

Well. I am sorry that you have these issues. There are many, many more who don’t. They thoroughly enjoy the current state of the sim. What I am saying is that this clearly seems to be an exception. Could even be hardware related (faulty ram module, oc, overheating). But I really don’t know. Did you open a post for yourself with all the necessary information to ask for help?

2 Likes

Nor was Fsx? Turns out that the most advanced, pure simulator, was built on fsx, which was essentially an “entertainment” product. What it’s marketed as, doesn’t necessarily reflect its capability as a software.

1 Like

I did and again all I get is a generic Zendesk blurb for my troubles. I’m done with this reporting method. The “negativity” you speak about is justified. I did not pay to participate in a bug squashing public Beta with rolling “improvements”. That’s why I volunteered to do it for free two years ago, but MS and Asobo were not happy, they had to take my money first…so now they get “negativity”.

2 Likes

I mean to be honest msfs2020 is a great introduction to flight simulation many people just want to relax and learn maybe later in time move to real simulators.

1 Like

The irony of having a post basically say “stop ranting and vote for the important questions” resulting in a lot of further ranting and no discernible difference in votes is probably lost on many :slight_smile:

I couldn’t agree more with the OP, if things are that important, vote for the bugs, wishlist, and definitely Q&A questions!

4 Likes

normally the ones with less votes are good questions as I see them.

2 Likes

The fact that people want to waste the devs’ time talking about cirrus clouds is absolutely laughable.

I also find it funny how people complain daily about how they’re wasting time making everything just look good graphically instead of fixing bugs (as if that were true lmao), yet then proceed to complain that the clouds don’t look good.

Man. People live in a world where they want what they want when they want it, immediately, their way alone, and don’t dare comment about the rest of the community. Because they want their specific issue or request satisfied immediately.

Absolutely a joke on these forums recently. And this voting system has to go too; all it does is give the whiners a place to ruin the sim for the rest of us by spamming bad ideas and burying actual good ones, because the silent majority doesn’t visit every hour of ever day.

:man_shrugging:

12 Likes

I was more interested in seeing improvements to things like ATC which needs a lot of improvement.

3 Likes

I fully understand where you’re coming from and this is certainly not meant as a rebuke of your point, I just to some extent disagree…
Cirrus clouds are very important to pilots as they usually will indicate a change in weather further down the line (among others, a warm front coming). So they are not entirely a pretty visuals thing but are absolutely of use.

Now, dos that take precedence over CTDs and ATC and crosswind close to the ground and other things? Certainly not! But it’s not an entirely useless request either :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I am glad that you are pointing this out, because I really had missed that point.
But then my question is: are those clouds simply not rendered? Is Asobo able to even derive the occurence of cirrus clouds from live weather data?

1 Like

hence a good question to ask in the Q&A :+1:

4 Likes