To the most vocal community members: I am … confused

80% of people using Xplane have no idea about actual physics, or what is “realistic” and what isn’t. Mostly it’s just parrots, copy pasting what some pilot said long ago in some forum…If an engineer would ask those people about details in aerodynamic calculations, they would just silently disappear or make excuses.

6 Likes

Agreed, in my opinion they would probably have to use live weather predictions to make an AI predict circus clouds

Just wanted to point something out here OP in a sense yes mostly it was marketed out as the most realistic simulator in terms of scenery and it is also about the flight model really depends on the pilots view of the plane for example for me as I fly the a320 in real life frequently the flight model seems 50 percent there but in need of lots of improvements for example when you throttle up even slightly in the real aircraft it wouldn’t be as slow as in the sim and it wouldn’t stop on its own either unless you apply brakes to slow it down.

Exactly, lack of low visibility modeling, offset approaches missing, weird autopilot bugs, enormous arcs to the intermediate fix, autopilot flying back after direct-to, all of those are legitimate bugs / missing features which should work and be included in the sim, those topics receive very little to no votes.

4 Likes

Seems to be a fair point from a real pilot! There’s a Q&A about the flight model. Maybe you could chime in there?

My talking is over that what i heared from athore people in forums or in live streams .by my self i cant say the msfs 2020 or the xp11 is realisticer. Becasue i havent flown by my self in my life. I think a lot of these guys here arent flown by self in realife and theyr opinions are about that what they are heread in the internet

I made separate topics for all of the above already when the dev Q&A opened :wink:.

Anyway it illustrates that those kind of topics don’t receive much votes, not in the bug section, not as a wishlist item and not as a Q&A question either.

6 Likes

Many knowledgeable people have pointed out hundreds of times what has to be done to the flight model and for one year it has steadily been ignored. Consider them frustrated. Great, Jayne as the spokeswoman to MS or Asobo asks what to do… if Asobo spent a few hours a month reading here they would know. The vertical axis is an insult. The horizontal stabilizer is at least weird. What to do? If you‘re not able or wiling to do it correctly yourself take a step back, swallow your pride and let someone do it who knows what they do. I suggest 3 rd party addon developers. Let them do their stuff themselves like in P3D and focus on cirrus clouds and trains. The sim can only benefit.

4 Likes

and I’d add stop raining your rants down on other people’s threads (e.g. the Birthday thread yesterday)

OK, so there is a thread, linked at the top of this one, that allows you to post your question and, if others like it, they can vote for it and it will be asked. Why don’t you take the opportunity to ask the questions that matter to you? Others may agree with you and that question might even be asked.

1 Like

Not to be rude, but this is exactly what we see happening a lot on forums. People are parotting so called ‘opinion makers’. First you say that XL11 is more realistic and then you say that you have no real life experience and can’t say that you can tell the difference. Posts from real pilots with real information sometimes get smothered by the copy/pasting of posts lacking the delicate nuance that a flight model (which operates in the subtle dimension of thin air and differences in pressure) needs. As @anon50268670 I think rightly says: these topics get the least attention because of this.

7 Likes

how do you xplain for many people there are not these issues???

2 Likes

Asobo can also be more respectful. The biggest reason all that happened is because Asobo can’t be bothered to have decent communication until ■■■■ starts to hit the fan. They literally let the community attack itself due to the lack of communication and acknowledgment.

3 Likes

I don’t have to explain anything. If it runs for them, good for them. I paid the same the same as them and am not getting the same service so…if anything someone needs to explain that to me, that someone being the people I gave my money to.

1 Like

Sorry pal. I had seen them and wasn’t taking those in account in my post. I thought that one IFR topic with a neat bulleted list could do the trick better than multiple separate posts, because then IFR as such will get more votes, and not the details that many people here maybe dont’t even understand.

As I told you before: I am learning man! First VFR, then IFR in GA to face the clallenge of flying through white outs, then ATC and then and only then, maybe Airliners. Although I just like the dimensions, the exposure to the weather, and fiddling with the GA so much!

1 Like

I agree but I’m not sure it will receive any answers that way.

Nah there is definitely the “your problem isn’t my problem or doesn’t exist” gang. I’ve called it out multiple times and I’m personally sick of it. You saying there isn’t one when there clearly is is just a prime example of it.

7 Likes

What do you expect seriously when back in SU2 or 3 when all hell was breaking loose because of CTD’s and problems with the program were at their worst for many the most voted topic here in the forums was to remove the “press to continue” key. This voting system has to show you that the majority of people are not having issues with MSFS2020 but just want refinements to what they have.

It’s easy to say… hey there are serious issues that need fixing, but when you see the voted topics, you get a real sense of where the majority of people sit with regards to this program.

Don’t get me wrong… Since launch last year, I have flown every day and never had a failed flight, OK theres a few things I would like fixed and a few things that I would like improved, but fundamentally, it’s been pretty much rock solid, and even SU5 only affected me with some lighting issues which were quickly corected in the hotfixes.

I was always aware of the fact this sim would take a couple of years to settle down and was and am prepared to wait for that… after all, by comparison to other simulators, we have already had more updates in a year than most of the others have received in their lifetime.

The other main issue you have is people reading comments… making interpretations and then quoting those as fact when actually they are not fact… the biggest example being DX12 was stated to be coming to PC with the XBox release. Deffinately false, but some now see this as an agenda item since it isn’t here yet.

I honestly believe that the only way to improve the voting system for this game, is to give every user 5 upvotes AMD 5 downvotes for each run through of the questions but until then… you are at the mercy of those that either can’t read, have agendas, or are happy with the basics :slight_smile:

Graham

3 Likes

Blimey I didn’t know my very simple question about cirrus clouds would cause so much controversy and so much anger. It’s just a quick question that sprang to mind that I thought I would ask. I put no thought into it at the time of posting, It’s a one line, throw away question that I thought might be worth asking.

I can’t believe how many of you are so angry that I asked this question and that you are putting so much effort into getting wound up about it. I am sorry that people can’t can’t just take it on face value. I just wondered if cirrus clouds were coming. That’s it. There is no more to it.

2 Likes

So did you ask for your money back? … apparently not and nor will you.
Serious simmers will simply carry one doing what they used to do and will return when MSFS is working correctly. You seem incapable of that decision.

2 Likes

thank you for saving me some keystrokes.