Tobii Eye Tracker - How to Tweak?

That’s what he’s talking about. Tobii doesn’t have a MSFS profile. . . yet(?). It’s very sensitive in the sim and will need tweaking. I hope Tobii just adds MSFS to its Game experience software so we can tweak from there.

1 Like

That wasn’t my question.
My question was. “Does Tobii not have its own control software?” (through which you would configure or tune it’s performance)

Does Tobii rely entirely on each title for its adjustment? Really?

lol, that’s what i answered and what he’s referencing. The control software is “Game Hub” from Tobii. There are many games which can have settings tweaked through that software. MSFS is not one of them. So to answer your question, yes, tobii does have it’s own control software, but no, you can’t configure a game’s interaction unless it’s added to the software.

So you can’t create your own base profile and tweak those settings you are strictly limited to a company provided profile before you can tweak anything?

Jeez. That sounds a bit limited…

Pretty much.

But it works both ways. Some games have native Tobii support (like MSFS now) which is why it’s enabled in the sim. Those games that do have native support usually have menu options within the game to tweak the settings so you don’t have to use the “game hub” thing. The only other game I use Tobii in is Star Citizen, and you can tweak everything in game.

This implementation for MSFS was half-assed to say the least. It’s such a great piece of hardware and would really add a lot to the sim if properly done.

2 Likes

To be honest I’ve been interested but it would be nice to have the ability to create and tweak profiles as a user.
You wouldn’t be waiting for a Dev (that might not actually really understand the peripheral and what it’s for or how it’s used) to implement it properly.
That said. They just broke TrackIR and VR with this latest update so…roll on February and SU8 I guess.

I really hope they come out with a hotfix to get TrackIR folks happy again. I’m sure someone smart will figure out a way for us to tweak Tobii while we wait for a real fix from Asobo. In the mean time, if you find one on sale, grab it. It’s a game changer, especially because you don’t need any headgear.

Topic moved into #self-service:peripherals and tagged #tobii

Is it really true that the Tobii only lets you move Left and Right, and not Up and Down? I don’t see how it would be much use in the virtual cockpit IF you cannot look Up or Down.

Usualy you do have a game specific profile to tweak in the Tobii Gamehub.
Not one for MSFS2020 now.
I use DCS and there it works just fine.
At the moment 100+ games in the list.

Hey all,

Great discussion point and I would love to help clarify some differences and how it can reflect on the player experience.

We have two different ways to integrate.

Native integration
We integrate directly into the game. Very simply put, everything that’s possible in the game is possible to connect our integration to. This gives a better and smoother experience. It also makes adding more features much easier.
Examples of other games with a good native integration: Star Citizen, ETS2/ATS

Game Hub integration
We connect through APIs from the game and keep the settings separately. Here we’re dependant on the API to stay functional. We’re limited to what the API is able to provide in terms of input. It also usually requires extra input from the players to get it to work fully. In Elite Dangerous for example you need to press the reset head every time you get into a vehicle to unlock 6DoF
Examples of other games with a good Game Hub integration: Elite Dangerous, DCS

You probably want different settings in different games. They all play a bit differently, have different FoV and just the feeling for how they play. We would love to see settings in-game and are talking to Microsoft/Asobo about it. The community also created this post to request options so please vote :slight_smile:

/Jonas
Community Manager
Tobii Gaming

2 Likes

Hej!

Thank you Jonas for good explanation and for reading the forums.
We are not forgotten !
Lets go voting.

//Stefan

1 Like

@ehrw5059 Is there any way of providing an official plug in for the likes of OpenTrack? That would essentially allow Tobii support with any app/game that supports head tracking without the need for the app to specifically implement Tobii support.
Not sure if that is an option or not for you guys.

I’ve also got Tobii Eye Tracker 5 and I have been using FaceTrackNoIR V200 to tweak sensitivity.

My sensitivity settings(I’ve disabled Roll in the sensitivity settings):

1 Like

What settings are you using with the Accela filter? I couldn’t find a happy medium with that set up and much prefer the native Tobii support now in sim even though it still needs additional options.

I installed facetracknoir_v200, SetupFaceTrackNoIR_v203_Tobii5, SetupFaceTrackNoIR_v204a_PluginPack in that order and used the default settings for the Accela filter which seemed to work quite well. I did try with No Filter but preferred it to be on. In case it’s any different here are my Accela filter settings:

I just found tracking way too jittery with default Accela. I changed some of the Accela settings to smooth it out which got rid of the jitters but also caused a lot of lag.

Have you tried changing the Smoothing in the Global Settings?

I’m not sure if it was a default for the Tobii 4C or if Hester40MT had changed them but in the posted screenshot Smoothing was set to 20. For my Tobii Eye Tracker 5 the default for Smoothing was 1.

I actually can’t remember what I had there. :thinking:

Since I made that post above, I’ve bought a trackIR.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.