Tobii Forward/Backwards axis movement works at decreasing range as control sensitivity increases

Please only post bugs that are new in this build, and tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
Tobii Headtracking now follows head positions left/right and up/down mostly as expecteed (though as other have mentioned the camera position is broken and there is a problem with axis orientation) but the distance from the tobii camera at which is starts tracking forward/backwards motion is dependent on the Head Tracking Sensitivity: Position values - decreasing as the sensitivity value increases,

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
Will be added once I can work out how to sync video of real world head position and in-game footage.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Set Head Tracking Sensitivity: Position to a value 0.5
Start Head tracking
Move head relative to screen,
Forward/backwards head movement will be tracked when head is at a distance from the camera of around 1 m to about 50cm

Set Head Tracking Sensitivity: Position to value 0.75
Start Head tracking
Forward/backwards head movement will be tracked when head is at a distance from the camera of around 50cm to about 30cm

Set Head Tracking Sensitivity: Position to value 1.00
Start Head tracking
Forward/backwards head movement will be tracked when head is at a distance from the camera of around 30cm

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:
Tobii 5

This sounds like the sensitivity for this axis is effectively creating a dead zone. Perhaps the wording should reflect that? Just a guess as I’m not running the beta.

Would you be able to provide a video of this issue per request of the devs to make sure they are reading this report correctly?

I dont want to hijack the thread, but I’m wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I believe the control xml settings are misimplemented for the Tobii Eye Tracker…I posted this in another thread:

The following axes do not save in controller settings:

1. Pitch/Yaw
  2. Roll
  3. Position

Explanation of bug I observed:

• Where the other axes have 0-100 ranges, the 3 above have 0-5 ranges
  • If you set one of the axes above to “1.32”, you’ll notice that after you exit and restart MSFS, it has reverted back to “1”
  • My hypothesis is that MSFS does not accept float values as valid sensitivity settings, anything that isn’t a whole number (“1”, “2”, “3” etc) gets dropped to the whole integer.

You can confirm this by going to SystemAppData/wgs in your MSFS folder and finding the controller profile (open it in Notepad++).

Issue look to be resolved once you use the F12 key a couple of times to reinitialise the head position in the sim.

Reported as fixed.