Tobii: What settings do we currently have access to?

It’s great that they’ve introduced the ability to use Tobii Eye Tracker in the sim, however, there is absolutely no way to fine tune or tweak it currently (stated in patch notes). I want to know how to disable tracking in the sim temporarily with a hotkey. Is there a way to do this yet?

Have you tried it out yet? I’m curious if there are any options in sim settings at all for Tobii.
I’m assuming there should be some, even if basic even though the release notes state the following:

• Tobii eye tracker is now supported (more settings/configuration will come in a later update)

I’ve tried it. It needs tweaking, but i’m glad it’s in the sim finally.

1 Like

What needs tweaking? Sensitivity or smoothness? Any lag?

Not much lag at all, but sensitivity needs to be tweaked for sure. It’s like there’s no filter for eye movements, so while im doing my normal scan of instruments, it moves the ‘camera’ around way too much and it can be disorienting and dizzying.

also curves would be nice , but we are on the right track,

also head movement for 6dof is a must too , since tobii tracks the head position it should work too

I think you can bind a key/button to “TOGGLE HEAD TRACKING”.

yep, you can. Only negative is it will reset the camera position, instead of just pausing it where you left it.

I have a button mapped to next instrument view so I can disable head tracking and quickly flip through the instruments when needed. Make reading or making adjustments a breeze.

1 Like