Toggle Pause Doesn't Work

It seems the Toggle Pause keybind isn’t working with the new update. Escape pauses the sim and goes to the options menu, but doesn’t return from pause. Binding Escape to both Pause On and Pause Off makes Pause Off not work.

UPDATE 5 broke TOGGLING “TOGGLE PAUSE” which I use for the ESCAPE KEY. It does not do what it used to: TOGGLE back to Flight again.

Hmm… interesting. I might test this later. I did rework my keybindings into a new blank keyboard profile. And I didn’t realise there’s an issue to go back to the flight from the pause menu using the each key again. Probably because I always click on the resume button at the bottom.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. I cannot resume a flight once I pause it. I used to hit the pause/break key to toggle the pause/resume. I’m wondering what the fix is.

1 Like

I’ve found that if you hit the pause key repeatedly it will pause and resume on my machine. You may have to hit it 3 or 4 times (or more) for it to pause and then again 3 or 4 times to resume.

Working without any problems.

Ok so I looked at the keyboard options. I had SET PAUSE ON - Pause key, SET PAUSE OFF - SysRq key, TOGGLE PAUSE - Esc key and TOGGLE ACTIVE PAUSE - Pause key

The fix was to unbind the Pause key from the TOGGLE ACTIVE PAUSE.

Now to resume after hitting Pause I hit the SysRq key and everything works again.

Thanks for the screen shot. It got me to go to Keyboard binds. I searched for Pause and came up with the same lines as you did.

I’m assuming that this topic is referring to what I’ve read elsewhere - Activating a “True Pause” using the latest version of MSFS2020. If so, you can do the following:

1. Navigate to the GENERAL OPTIONS menu.
  2. Under the Developers menu bar, turn Developer Mode on and click “Apply and Save” (or F11). Return to the sim.
  3. From the Developer menu, click OPTIONS-PAUSE SIMULATION ||.

The sim will pause just like in FSX. I have used this whenever necessary, sometimes pausing for hours at a time. No change to the time, fuel consumption or other parameters.

Hope this helps,

Mark

I’m trying to remove the need for keyboard inputs - would like to close the laptop and use an external monitor with the FFB2 joystick and a Logitech Throttle Quadrant. I can map the usual gear, flaps and even a toggle for changing the view internal/ external, but I haven’t had success with setting up a single button “Toggle pause” (press once to pause - press again to un-pause)
Is this possible?
Any solutions being used at the moment??
(I know I can use one button for pause and a second button for un-pause but I’ve run out of buttons!)
Thanks
Ken

None that I know.

I have two buttons on my VKB Gladiator+ GSM - one is Set Pause ON and the other is Set Pause OFF. Worked like a charm since I got the setup around SU8 and still does today.

OK I think I’ve found a solution.
I use button#6 on my Logitech Throttle Quadrant…
Set to “Toggle Active Pause” under Menu and “Set Pause off” under Miscellaneous
First button click brings up Active Pause and second button click goes back to the Sim.
Just what I wanted.

All that does is toggle Active Pause.

The Correct Buttons to Use are SET PAUSE ON and SET PAUSE OFF. That’s how it’s been for me since shortly after Aug '20 launch.

1 Like