Too less performance?

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-dc-6-cloudmaster-forum/143568-31jul21-pmdg-dc-6-updated-to-v2-00-0035-via-pmdg-operations-center

One last item I want to touch on: I mentioned in my previous post that we had reported back to Asobo that in their last build prior to platform update, we saw a significant drop in performance in the DC-6. Continuing discussion with Asobo has shown that we weren’t not imagining this change- there was indeed a change made to the release version of the MSFS platform that took performance away from the DC-6.

Asobo indicated that they turned off a particular rendering channel because it needed more time in development to solve a few problems, and it just happens that the DC-6 benefits significantly from this particular channel- hence we saw the loss of performance in the release build. The good news, however, is that they were able to resolve the issues they were experiencing, and this channel is expected to be reactivated in a subsequent update from Asobo- and then you will see a pretty significant boost in performance with the DC-6.

See here.

I’m not saying you’re wrong. I’m saying the test you’re proposing is inherently flawed - third party aircraft almost always have a bigger performance hit than stock aircraft.

1 Like

I did some digging in the PMDG forums and according to an administrator, Asobo is aware of this issue and is working on a fix.

Hopefully SU7 will resolve this issue concerning that rendering channel.

I downloaded this HWinfo64, but I need to figure out how to setup the OSD. RTSS is concerning me a bit using it might affect in game performance?
Is it ok to run the sim in windowed mode for these testing purposes? That way I don’t have to deal with RTSS.
Want to keep my pc as clean as possible :sweat_smile:
Any toughts?

Download the Standalone/portable version and run in Sensor mode only. Sorry for not mentioning that.