Toolbar broken in VR

No Mouse control (left-button) - No Map navigation, VR borked… mouse issues abound

I have been able to open MSFS 2020 SU6 without a mandatory update notification preventing me from continuing. However I see in the Microsoft Store the update is waiting for me to upload to SU7 version. I too am a ritual VR user (once you start you never go back).

Question: Should I update or keep playing in SU6 mode? (bearing in mind SU6 still contains numerous issues that require fixes)

Stick with 6! 7 is borked

What do you mean by “add a Ctrl-0 to each ALT view”? As it is now Ctrl-0 looks out the right window.

i have joystick buttons for ALT 2 & 3 to “lean in” to some saved views and use Space to reset vr view.

Because it is the most requested feature on the VR wish list (e.g. see today’s dev blog)… Why is it the number one requested VR item? I have no effing clue. I’m trying my best to find anything useful about VR controllers, so far no joy I’m afraid to have to admit…

1 Like

The Control-0 trick works

Sorry, could have been clearer. If you’re in a “custom view” (accessible by hitting ALT-1, ALT-2, etc.) hit CTRL-0 and the mouse will work in that view.

Said simpler, hit CTRL-0 whenever you want to click the toolbar and panel. It does different things depending on what view you’re in, but all are useful.

I don’t think the beta testers use MSFS at all.

1 Like

Workaround that works for me:
While in VR, Press CTRL-1, the view will change to a lower position. In this mode you can manipulate with the toolbar and its opened windows as usual using the mouse. For myself, I grab the atc window resize and position it in the area I like, then press CTRL-1 again to exit this view mode. The window and the toolbar will be not clickable again, but as I’ve already positioned my atc window, I don’t need to interact with it.
Sometimes, when manipulating with the window, the window can disappear (in fact it gets positioned far away as can be seen from the outside view). In this case go to the toolbar settings (most right button in the toolbar) and press the Reset button.
Using the above workaround I can fly in VR again mostly as usual.

As frustrated as the other posters. What amazes me is that it got noted in beta testing (based on posters info in this topic) and was not acted on. I play a couple of combat flight sims in VR, one of them in beta mode, and I must say their releases have had little to no issues (at least nothing thats a show stopper). I would assume that Asobo with Microsoft would have a depth of resources, unfortunately the results don’t seem to bear that out.
What I fear is that it will take them until the next release to fix this…just look at the bush trips from the previous release. It took them to this release to say they fixed the progression issue.
And a bit off topic…DX12…Tried it in VR. Did a control Tab to switch to VR…it froze then a minute later closed down…at least they advise this is a work in progress. Back to DX11

What a mess!
Weirdly the default bindings for my right controller have all vanished. Also, it often freezes up when binding needing to be closed from task manager.
VR controller support is far from ready, they should of held it back and not wasted our time.

Exact same problem with exact same parameters. Asobo, how about making sure all of the needed sim functions work properly before making any more default planes and airports? Let the 3rd party folks do the addons and make some money. You guys stick with making sure I don’t waste hours of my time dealing with BUGS!!! Just a thought…

1 Like

Same problem. Not able to interact with ATC or any other window in VR.

Same issue here - far out Asobo… This one is a bit beyond a joke.

1 Like

When you say " after you have positioned your ATC window, you don’t need to interact with it" what do you mean? How do you communicate with ATC if you can’t interact with it?

A workaround to move the windows is a great community workaround but my VR toolbar is chock full with 3rd party windows needing interaction. I have become so accustomed to Little nav map, PDF viewer, Metar, etc etc. I don’t just look at them. They need interaction !

1 Like

Same here , after installing the SU7 update i no longer have vr toolbar interaction function

Having same problem. Can’t move menus out of way or turn them off, and menus/ notifications appearing that I didn’t even open. So, I can’t fly in VR

1 Like

Same here, no VR Toolbar interaction functionality at all, THIS SUCKS!!!, Makes this game unplayable for me

1 Like

Same here , hope they patch this quick, this game is basically not playable if i can’t change things on the fly

Unbelievable…Same here, Toolbar not interactive. :frowning: