Toolbar Missing and ability to change certain weather settings missing when loading a saved flight

Hello,

I am encountering a problem where I cannot change the weather, the date and time of day after loading a saved flight!

Neither can I access the quick toolbar during the flight. I can access the Toolbar normally if starting from scratch. But after loading a saved flight, the Toolbar is gone!

Does anyone else have this problem?

If so, any temporary/permanent solutions to this?

Thank you!

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
Anna25kendrick
Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?Microsoft Store version

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Brief description of the issue: when to a save the toolbar won’t show up it all only is Airspeed indicator Altitude indicator and heading indicator everything is invisible can’t use it all

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

It’s happening again

I have a problem where if I load a saved flight, everything loads correctly except there is no quick menu at the top of the screen (ATC, NAVLOG, MAP etc.) Known bug? Any fix?

1 Like

This happens sometimes on bush trips, haven’t figured out why yet. Usually a full reboot fixes it. Strangely the camera views work on the joystick but none of the controls surfaces when this fault appears.

Forgot to mention. Non of the hot keys work either. “n” for NAVLOG etc.

1 Like

as title says
Loading a saved flight, no menu toolbar.

Weather cannot be changed from saved flights (as far as I know).

Don’t know about the toolbar.

1 Like

Yep. The Toolbar goes missing after you press “Fly” and the Simulator itself is Launched!

Hi @TechyShelf77403,
Do you have developer mode turned on?

See if any of these search helps:
Search results for ‘toolbar missing’ - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

Nope, I had Developer Mode Disabled. Maybe I should enable Dev Mode and see if that might work?

Actually you want developer mode off. Having it on turns the sim into “not a sim”.

1 Like

Oh. I already tried it off, still doesn’t work!

Flying a new flight altogether is ok. The Toolbar is there on the top of the screen.

However after loading a saved flight then launching it, results in the Toolbar missing!

3 Likes

That is why I gave you that search results above. :wink:

In particular, the results in this topic:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/toolbar-missing-edit-solved/166894

There’s others too in the search above.

1 Like

A saved flight is like a “manual” autosave. Weather, ToD, aircraft are locked and cannot be changed. This isn’t a bug. It has been a feature from Day 1.

Oh…Great feature! :+1: :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Hi,

after createing a new flight, I can open NavLog, ATC, Checklist, VRF map and more over the top menu bar. Short cuts are working, too. I can save and reload the flight. Everything is fine.

If I use the checklist to start and stop the turbine, save again, still loadable and playable.

If I do exacte the same, but flying a round, landing, parking, save the flight, restart FS, load the saved flight, the top menu bar don’t appear and i can’t open ATC or VRF map via shotcut. I can use the short cut to call the fule truck, I can hear my request and hear the responce, but no ATC window.

I have 4 of 4 saved flight with exact the same problem. Only the saved flights, that never flown, are working fine.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

• (A) Start FS and create a new flight, starting and ending from and to a parking position
  • (B) after loading, I put NavLog, ATC, Checklist and VRF map in a dedicated window and moved it to my second screen
  • (C) use checklists to be ready for take of
  • (D) communicate with tower, start, fly a short round, and go back to parking position
  • (E) use checklist for shut down
  • (F) save flight and exit FS
  • (G) Start FS and load flight

If I do all steps, except D, all fine.

if I do all steps, after “E” I get a menu for leaving the game, but I will continue and continue with “F”. It looks like, that this create an autosave of “TEMPORARYFLIGHT.FLT”. But I create an own file. But the problem apears with booth files.

I have the problem with “TBM 930” and “Cessna 152”. I didn’t tested more plans. But I tested different airports in different countrys.

What can I do?

Regards

Pascal

1 Like

Hi @Hester40MT,

thank you!

Ah, “toolbar” is the magic name :wink: Now, I can find many threads… Looks like a know bug without workaround, or? Is it on a known bug list?

Regards

Pascal

I don’t know if it has been addressed, but yes, it’s a bug.

Deleting those auto save flight files seems to fix it for some. I don’t know what causes it, I’ve never had it before but I also rarely save any flights. The auto-save I do get though but haven’t had the problem.

Ironically, this bug also causes some users unable to select a different airport or aircraft. They are always stuck with the same flight. But deleting those 3 files corrects it.

It would be good to submit a zendesk request on it to let them know you also have the problem.

Zendesk:
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Whenever a flight is started from the World Map and after Fly Now is selected, MSFS creates several files to be used any time the user restarts a flight from the Pause menu, from the Exit Flight menu, or from any crash menu. The user is taken to the start of the flight bypassing the World Map screen. These files interfere with any saved flight files other than the current flight created by the user. I’ve opened this problem with ZenDesk a few weeks ago.

2 Likes