Toolbar windows are narrow and don't remember their position

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

same as above

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

same as above

yes

same as original post.

The team is currently targeting Sim Update 10 to resolve this item. If anything changes I’ll post here. Thanks for the reports!

5 Likes

Thanks for the update. I’m glad to hear they’re working it. I actually was looking for it in this most recent hot fix that was released but it didn’t make it there so I was wondering.

Can you clarify if this means including that they remember their position? Or just that they are too narrow?

1 Like

When will SU10 be released? July?
So we have to actually wait several months until the fix this annoying bug? No hotfix?
Crazy :confused:

1 Like

The fix is probably ready now, but they can’t deploy it until they figure which two things to break. Can’t have the number of bugs actually go down :smile:

2 Likes

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

in the title

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

activate VFR map. Move it. Size it. Turn it off. Turn it back on. Back to un modified state. Very cumbersome.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU 7 I believe

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Yes, no, maybe? @Jummivana

As Su10 is postponed to end of august, i think this should receive a hotfix. Its so annoying having to resize the vr windows every time. Please make a hotfix.

4 Likes

yes

same as above

same as above

This definitely needs hotfix. Please do not make VR users wait until the end of August! Shouldn’t be so hard to fix it.

4 Likes

They can’t even bother to answer what is “scheduled” for the fix. @Jummivana can’t be bothered. Guess too busy to plan the next community fly in or type down the 100th screenshot competition or whatever.

Nobody talks to the community. This issue is such a poster child to highlight this. It’s such a glaring, easy to reproduce and dare I say easy to fix issue. It’s so in your face that you just cannot miss it. It’s something that effects a part of the community that is very much invested. It perfectly highlights how NOTHING seems to get tested. HOW could this have slipped. They say over and over and over again how VR is a platform and everything needs to be tested the same on it. And yet, not only did this slip, but we get no hotfix, no nothing for 3 months. The acknowledged it with a one word sentence 2 months after it was reported during BETA. Multiple times. And then after release. One sentence, and no clarification.

I very much doubt the devs read this forum. I also very much doubt any of the “community managers” act as intermediaries.

Everyone seems to do the absolute minimum. They got their lists from Jorg who wants more local legends and marketing material, so that’s what they do on.

3 Likes

Asobo can you stop breaking VR?

2 Likes

Been having this issue since last update. Running Windows 11. HELP!

1 Like

Yes.

Any window from toolbar won’t remember it’s position an it’s state when you close them.
They are also appearing very narrow at first. If you have Navighraph charts open and close the window, next time you open it you need to start all over by pinning them again which is so frustrating. I have also noticed that with some windows open mouse interaction is not possible on particular parts of the plane. Looks like mouse is glitching when the windows are open.

Same issue with the narrow menu in VR. On top of hard braking so all the taildragger planes tip forward now. I start to think no one is testing anything before they release mandatory updates, which you can’t even roll back.

It’s a shame we’ve had to wait until SU10 to hopefully get a fix this obvious issue, the toolbar in VR has been broken in one way or another every update since SU7.

3 Likes

yes

Fixed as of Sim Update 10.