Top Gun installed but won't load?

So I used to play the Top Gun add-on, but after I ran an update for MSFS, it is now running version 1.30.

However Top Gun is still installed but I can’t load it. It states MSFS version 1.25 is required?!

I can’t roll back the MSFS version so how do I play Top Gun?

It’s there in the menu once MSFS loads up, but Top Gun will not load. Just displays that error msg.

What’s weird is that updating MSFS also completely wiped my bindings. They were all blank and I had to rebind the joystick, throttle quadrant etc. It also reset my settings and had to put them back too. What a pain. And my XPforce controlling the feedback on my sidewinder now only adds, well, strange and unreliable feedback. In short not working properly either.

Some update.

Any ideas? Many thanks!

Hi, AldenhamCCF,

I experienced the same problem. But I found a solution. When you enter in the MS FS activities option, and then choose ‘Maverick’, it will start without any problem.

Strange, but it works…

Regards,
Ibex

Hi, doesn’t work for me unfortunately.

Similarly, I used to play Maverick but since the last sim update, I can install it but not load it. I am running msfs version 1.29 and I get the same “you must be running version xyz to run this content”.

I naively thought that if you delete msfs and reinstall you get the latest version. Takes about 5 hours to do this, but I found I still have version 1.29 and naturally can’t use Maverick anymore.

Seems a bit unsporting to give it to us then take it away (I’m sure it wasn’t deliberate!) ……but what to do?

Anybody else found a solution?

Do you keep your original version of the game forever?

Is it possible to change versions?

Replies gratefully received!

Hot potbuster