Top Mach Studios: Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor

Is it me or is the plane lacking thrust with the recent update?

–edit: Nevermind, I screwed up with this Throttle Axis 1 BS.

Thanks @CodenameJack447. We’ve previously confirmed this fix works. Another poster @BigCow74 noted this about three weeks ago. Thanks for sharing your confirmation as well. A proper update for the flightsim.to download file is coming today.

2 Likes

Yeah, this new “feature” has been a headache for us as well. Hopefully Asobo will eventually provide a fix for their fix.

1 Like

Version 1.0.9 is up at flightsim.to and corrects the missing HUD issue and implements wingtip vortices at high alpha and lower speeds. Thank you to @FLAM1NFENIX for the contribution of the wingtip vortices and assistance with attaching to the model.

6 Likes

Hi, Guys,
Just downloaded v.1.0.9 and I find that the HUD is not working and now my X-52 HOTAS throttle is not working. The throttle will work using the F2 and F3 keys. I confirmed the aircraft version in my Content Manager. I also flew one of my other fighters (F-15) and confirmed the throttle is working fine. I also checked to make the sure the HUD brightness control was in full bright. Any help would be much appreciated. I love flying this aircraft. PS: the throttle was working perfectly when I flew the F-22 earlier today using the version prior to 1.0.9.

When I try to take off (whether Auto pilot or not) the fuel drops to zero within seconds and and the engines stop. I can add fuel from the top menu again to 100 percent, but as soon as I exit the menu the fuel drops to Zero. I confirm I am using modern and not legacy. This doesn’t happen with any other aircraft. I have also deleted the f22 folder. I reloaded and made sure the fuel was at 100 percent before I pressed fly button. The fuel staying at full while I was in idle, but as soon as I increased the throttle the fuel dropped to Zero straight away, and the engines died.

try redownloading the package from flightsim.to and replacing. Yours is the only report of this issue so we think maybe a corrupted file.

There is a bug that was introduced with the latest MSFS update that changed the way throttles are handled. We’ve identified the source of the issue and are testing our fix internally. We’ll get another update out in the next few days that fixes the throttle issue.

v1.0.9 fixed the HUD issue and has been confirmed working, so for that, you may want to try deleting and reinstalling the mod.

1 Like

Downloaded from flightsim as suggested. All is good; everything works. Thanks.

2 Likes

I did that today and placed in the the community folder by itself. ( I renamed the original folder and created a new community for this purpose.

Exactly the same thing happened, with auto pilot as well as manual, as soon as you push throttle the fuel disappears. It is like the action does a fuel dump. Using the menu I advanced flight to descend and made sure the fuel was reset, all systems were green until I pressed the FLY button. The fuel disappeared.

evanburnsdev has posted what the bug is as that is what is happening to me, so I will wait for the fix they are working on to come out.

Thanks for your reply, I did read about this bug with another aircraft but I can’t find the post. I think they had a work around until a fix comes out.

I will just wait for an update from you.

Thanks for the work you put in and for the great looking aircraft.

For now, try changing the assignment for your throttle control in the controls options menus and also check that you don’t have an overlapping fuel related command assigned to your throttle lever.

OK will try it later tonight. Thanks for your help :smiley:

It is SO nice to come to this thread to report a problem only to see it’s already being addressed.

Great work guys.

As a new flight simmer, I can only assume there’s going to be a learning curve when developing and as long as you continue to not shy away from issues, I think the flight sim community will have your back and understand we are all on the same team looking forward to the same goal. This particular goal, being the AWESOME F-22!! I can’t wait for the premium release it will be a great day!

1 Like

I downloaded the latest update 1.1.0 and the problem still exists for me. As soon as I increase throttle the fuel goes to Zero. If I have it at 100% percent it drops to 50% momentarily until it goes to zero. I have a Logitech Attack 3 joystick which I disabled but the problem still occurred. I checked all my bindings and couldn’t find any conflicts. It doesn’t happen with any other aircraft. The same bug happens whether I am in auto or manual. I can reset fuel to 100% and go to cruise via the top menu but as soon as I press FLY the fuel drops to zero. I am running the latest version of MSFS in Modern settings. Maybe SU 8 will fix this. I have run out of ideas for the moment. Thanks for your continued support, I think I will wait and see if future updates fix the problem.

As an after thought. Is it possible it is not a throttle issue but a fuel usage issue. The throttle works fine but the fuel is used up in seconds rather than hours.

The last update fixed an issue that prevented the throttle from working without adjusting axis assignments in the controller settings.
We haven’t been able to reproduce the issue you’re having with fuel zeroing out, so there’s currently no way for me to troubleshoot it.
The only advice I can give you is to try removing all other add-ons but ours to see if that solves the problem. Afterward add them back one at a time until it breaks again. The one that broke it would be the conflicting addon.

1 Like

I have tried with it being the only add on in community folder. It does the same, I have also disabled the joystick but it happens with keyboard commands as well. I might try and fiddle around with setting all the control devices to default and see what happens. I have made no changes or run any other programmes in the official folder. That folder is as downloaded via steam untouched. Thanks again for you help. If I find a solution I will let you know. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi guys. I downloaded this for the first time today and OMG. I am blown away by the quality of this aircraft. The flight modeling is the best I have seen out there. The fbw system is spot on and I really like how the aircraft behaves in slow speed maneuvers. As for the 3d model and texturing there can be improvements but I am quite sure the devs are on it. Thanks for the amazing add-on ! Currently doing a flight from Nellis AFB to SFO.

3 Likes

Welcome to the club!

2 Likes