Totally disappointed with update 10

Rubbish for me too, anything that flies fast like a jet has major stutters when looking out of the side windows, I’ve even reduced the render scale a bit in both the game and the XR tools but it’s made absolutely no difference whatsoever.

This so-called game just gets worse and worse with every single update they do, I think they only brought VR to the table to get a few more gullible people to part with their money and never had any intention whatsoever of continuing the VR development, I think they are now purposely trying to kybosh it slowly but surely in the hope that the VR simmers just skulk away quietly until there are none left.

1 Like

I have good news if you installed the latest Windows 11 update that released right around SU 10’s release.

Looking side to side in or out of VR would kill my frame rates. Was going crazy trying to figure out what the issue was. Especially since I had just upgraded to a 3080 TI last weekend. I uninstalled my graphics card drivers, messed with every FS2020 graphical setting, Open XR settings and had no relief. It was extremely frustrating. I figured SU10 ruined the Sun for me.

Then out of dumb luck I stumbled across an article saying that the newest Windows 11 was affecting NVIDIA cards. Sure enough, I rolled back to before that previous update and the issues were gone. The Sim ran well and I saw about a 15-20 FPS jump due to DLSS in VR. Very relieved and happy now.

I hope this lucky find helps you guys. The forum won’t let me attach the link but you should be able to Google it.

Everything has gotten much worse for me up to 5 - 6 fps after SU 10 lost under DX11. Then I get 19-21 fps in total at 1050p Same settings. Under DX12 I have CTD. So for me the SIM gets worse from update to update. 5600X/ 1660TI / 32GB Ram I know the graphics card is no longer good enough, a new one will come soon. But it used to be a good thing. It’s a real shame!

1 Like

Maybe try deleting the MSFS cache and restarting, as this has never been a bad thing when updates have been released.

I don’t use a cache, but I still clicked on delete. That’s not it.

1 Like

I get the same bad performance. VR cannot keep up with head movements. Also, the windscreen of the plane shows all kind of scratches and other details that weren’t there before. Verry disappointing indeed!!

Have your graphics settings somehow got changed by the update?

If those “scratches” that you haven’t seen before are actually scratches and not unwanted glitches in the graphics, then maybe your level of detail has been increased and putting greater pressure on your PC???

@TZDIA THX man, rolling back tot the previous version of windows 11 resolved almost all problems. I am able to fly again without stutters and wobbling etc
Again THX

Same. I was butter before the update. Now the stutters are so bad, it’s like a slide show looking around. unplayable. This update made Flight sim unplayable for me.
Also, why in the world would Nvidia provide a fix in a studio driver to game players that have been using game ready drivers for years. this makes no sense. To me, the Studio driver appears to be in preparation of the 4k series launch, so developers can get their hands on the studio. Know where in the release notes does it say anything about Flight Simulator. So yeah, I’m guessing it’s because I’m running Windows 11 is why I’m having the problem. I had to uninstall a windows 11 updates KB017321 because it wiped out my throttle quadrant Leo Bodnar USB controller. If I could do it again, I would not have installed Windows 11. I still may revert back to Windows 10.

1 Like

Nice! I’m so glad it helped you. Happy Flying.

SU10 for VR is a big step backwards. Performance got worse and the mousepointer when zooming in is still not usable because of double vision which was introduced in SU5 or so.

3 Likes

I don’t have any problems with SU10 (Win10, AMD 9 5950X, RTX 3080, Varjo Aero 35 PPD).
I do NOT use Nvidia Experience!
I use OpenXR Toolkit v.1.2.0 for foveated rendering.
Nividia graphics driver: v.516.94
MSFS: DLSS enabled on Quality

Before i installed the new Nvidia studio drivers i had this problem, frames would be up and down between 36 - 18, now after installing the Studio drivers and using dlss balanced with my rtx 3070ti and i7 adler lake its very smooth even when looking in any direction with constant 47 frames.

Since about SU9 I’ve had a solid 45FPS most of the time, but it’s still stuttery about 50% of the time when looking out the side window. Does anyone using a G2 have NO stutters at all when looking out the side window?

If yes, what are your specs?

I also have a stuttering Reverb G2 VR. I have an RTX 3080. VERY Disappointing. Prior to SU10 I was enjoying the VR experience.

1 Like

Would be nice to know the W11 version nr you’re running now.

I’m on a RTX 3080 as well and framerates are down alot compared to pre SU10, especially when looking around. I’m periodically down to 3fps even in the world map.
I guess I’ll have to wait for another SU or windows update or geforce driver.

Same here. RTX 3080, everything is worse than before and it wasn’t great before. It’s continusliy getting worse for the last few months. Reverb G2, RTX 3080, now mostly flying the Fenix A320. Reaching a point where I can’t be bothered anymore to fly…

After upgrading to nvidia studio driver 517.40 it has gotten much better with my VR experience in SU10. Quite smooth with nvidia dlss and Dx11. In Performance mode I can have almost every setting to Ultra and get 30 FPS with MR. Very little shimmering in the distance and a sharper image than ever before :+1:

My framerate started to improve after completley de-installing OpenXR Toolkit. I tried all sorts of combinations before and it was very frustrating. Equally important was to switch off HAGS. Before I had to have HAGS on. It’s very frustrting that everything changes all the time. what works at one time is all different with the next update. Constant trial and error…

All in all, I’m quite happy now.