Touch and Go Not Registered

All, I have performed several touch and go’s in the sim. I don’t think I have ever had one registered. What I mean is that if I request a touch and go from ATC, they grant clearance for me to do a touch and go. I let my wheels touch the runway and roll a little, then I apply full power and take off again. The only option I have to interact with ATC after the takeoff is to cancel my landing intentions.

I searched the forum posts for touch and go before I posted this. I found a post about this issue from August 2020.

Is there a trick to getting the sim to recognize that a touch and go has been completed? Do you have to stay on the runway for a longer period of time?

It counts landing ,I think it does anyway .Have a check in the profile section.I doubt you will see every touch and go writtten up in your log book ,if that is what you were expecting.
IRL you are not going to record every touch and go you do in the circuit in your log book, unless maybe you are flying x country.

Hello @StretchMussel60. Thanks for the reply. I don’t pay to much attention to the log book in the sim.

What I expect is to be able to contact ATC again as I am climbing to make another request, such as make a full stop landing, or another touch and go, or request flight following, or whatever, without having to cancel landing intentions.

1 Like

Yes I see what your saying .Thats the way it is as the moment .I like to be able to do this to.
Perhaps you should mention this in the bugs section,although somebody has already probably.

1 Like

Fairly sure it does not get counted, in the sim, as a landing (logbook) even if you’ve requested it from atc but if you go to pilot profile, on the 1st page, scroll down until you see “touch and go requested”.

Also has couple dozen things you’ve down, like lowest alt upside down, longest time between stalls, total distance flown, in meters if I remember…

Yes, I have seen those stats. Very interesting.

Like I said in my original post, someone reported this in August 2020. Seems like this is not very high on their priority list.

1 Like

I moved this topic to bugs and issues. Hopefully people will vote it up.

1 Like

Good move :+1:

1 Like

Don’t forget to cast a vote on your own topic. :wink:

1 Like

A couple of updates later, and still no registering of Touch & Go’s… i did some airport hopping from Flagstaff to Kingman, doing touch & go’s along the way. The logbook only registered one take off and one landing.

Anyways… bug apparently still not fixed. So, reviving the vote.

woof ~ Woof & Salute.

Steiny