Track IR faillure...again!

And yet again i have Track IR issues. During the flight suddenly the red light of my Track IR goes on and my Track IR is not responding anymore. I use Track IR in DCS F16 and A10-C and there are no problems. Also in Elite Dangerous en X4 Foundation, Track IR keeps working 100%. Only in Fs 2020 the red light start turns on and the only way to re enable Track IR is by shutting down FS 2020 completely, closing down Track IR software and do a full restart until Track IR red light turns on again…
Somehow Asobo is not capable of solving this Track IR issue. Amazing…just amazing

I saw recently there was a profile update for MSFS (this is within TrackIR, believe it was in the top right corner).

Have you downloaded the update?

Outside of that, may want to just save your profiles (TrackIR) if you have created any and then just uninstall and re-install.

Touch wood, I havne’t had any issues with MSFS and TrackIR outside of the SU7 issue that was recently fixed.

I hope that helps.

1 Like

Topic moved into #self-service:peripherals and tagged #trackir

I have a similar problem.
My trackIR disconnect and impossible to restore it:

• toggle TrackIR on/off in the camera menu
  • close/restart trackIR software.
  • restart a new flight

The only solution is to close and restart MSFS.
It seems to be due to a disconnection with simconnect, maybe due to an overflow of data (I have SpadNext and littlenavmap also consuming ressource of simconnect).
But sometimes it works, sometime it crashes. Frustating.

Maybe a temporary solution from Asobo will be to give us the possibility to close and restart simconnect (in dev mode to test)

Great idea if this is possible. I’ve been having this issue recently as well. It usually happens right at the beginning of a flight when I’m setting up.

My track ir5 is not recognized by the game at all. Please help someone!

Might be a dumb question but have you activated trackir in the sim via the camera in game window?

I have the problem that when I restart the sim while trackir is still running it stops working. So I have to restart the sim and trackir again to get it to work.

Here we go again. Asobo giveth, Asobo taketh away. What nonsense. So I go through two CTDs trying to get my flight going, do all the setup in the CRJ, get airborne, and TrackIR fails.

Well, after update 7, my track ir has stopped working all together. No matter what i do, nothing works. I CANNOT FLY ANY SIM WITHOUT TRACK IR!!! I bought the Tobii Eye Tracker and installed that, and it works, but i don’t like it at all. you can only move right and left and up and down. That is it. you can’t bob up and down or slide side to side to see other buttons on the overhead panel. Plus, you can’t stop/freeze in the spot you are looking at. Try zooming in on the MCDU and program it. Good luck with that. I was told that in update 8, Asobo was supposed to fix the track IR issue. But they have not. So back to flying in X-Plane again.

Works fine for me. I know that’s not helpful, but it does. Maybe a settings issue? When you open TrackIR can you move around within the TrackIR screen itself? And do you open TrackIR first or the sim first? Once you have the sim running if you open the TrackIR screen it should tell you in the upper left if you’re connected to MSFS or not.

That only means it hasn’t broke on you, yet…

No, it did. Now it works.

Mine completely stopped working after WU8… Works fine in xplane, and other applications. TrackIR software sees it OKAY… FS2020, No longer works…

The TrackIR interface is really dodgy at best. For me TrackIR would sometimes just lose connection after starting a flight and there is no way to reconnect TrackIR to the sim again other than closing and restarting the entire sim, with its minutes upon minutes of loading time. Very annoying.

On the upside: if the TrackIR connection survives starting a flight it keeps working. But yeah … starting a flight is really hit-and-miss and a very time consuming lottery.

Can we please get a more stable TrackIR connection? At the very least make sure that restarting the TrackIR software is enough to reconnect it, instead of having to reload the whole sim.

I have still no issues with TrackIR 5…

Does all users mean the Original TrackIR 5 ( naturalpoint.com ) or some other solutions like OpenTrack, etc. ?

In my case it’s the original TrackIR 5 with the latest software version and current game updates.

hmmm… strange… only idea I have is the usb energy mode then…

The camera itself works when it happens, the 4 red LEDs are on and so is the left LED, indicating that the camera sees the reflectors on my cap. Just the right hand green LED turns off when it happens, indicating that the connection to the supported game was lost.

and you can also not re-enable it in in-game camera menu ( “IR” ) ? Should in meanwhile no longer be necessary, but better ask about :slight_smile: