TrackIR - suddenly not working

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

TrackIR suddenly stops working. Turning TrackIR on and off in the simulator or restarting TrackIR does not work. TrackIR function normally in the NaturalPoint software, so the hardware function as it should.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Latest build per 26.03.2022

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

When I used to use TrackIR I always found it necessary to start the TrackIR and Natural Point software before starting the sim or game I wanted to use it with. Likewise if it was switched off or disconnected for any reason it would usually be necessary to exit the sim/game and start over to make it work again.

Hmm, I think the problem occured when I pressed F12.

I have had it twice now (counting from SU7) that track IR stops working in the sim, but all okay in the Natural Point software.
Exactly as the OP describes it.
Unable to reconnect in that flightsim session. After restarting the sim in the same windows session, all is good
I only use 2 keys (F9 and F12). The last time it happened when I pressed F9 to unfreeze the view, after coming back in front of to the PC.
Most of the time however all is good

1 Like

Yes

Locks up TrackIR to the point I need to restart the computer. Only time this has ever happened with TIR & have been using it for years since TIR Ver 2

No

I always start the TrackIR software before MSFS and occasionally check that the game profiles in the software are up to date. On losing connection between sensor and Headset clip, or when freezing the input via TrackIR key, TrackIR movement stops working as expected. When connection between sensor is reestablished or the input is unfreezed via the TrackIR key, movement in MSFS continues as expected. Tested on three flights that each were about two hours long.

Today I forgot to start TrackIR before staring the sim. No problem at all to start TrackIR afterwords.

Today TrackIR froze again after pressing F12.

Then it happened again. So today I spent 55 minutes trying to just do a circle around an airport. Two crashes on loading new scenery (often happens). Two instances of TrackIR freezing, with one reboot in between.

Due to the time the simulator uses to start up, and load a new scenery area for the first time, this process in total took 55 minutes. No flying.

It seems like maybe it’s necessary to restart the PC after an MSFS crash, to be sure that TrackIR will work when starting MSFS again.