Train the AI to generate Boats on top on satellite imagery

This would tremendously enhance the entire sim.
I just saw an addon company (Seafront Simulation) which wants to sell this kind of product.
If it was an global addon (for the entire world) I would say go for it, but unfortunately they will deliver only very small regions and make you pay for each one.
This takes us years back, where we were stuck flying only in some regions because we only had these regions enhanced.

But the beauty of this new MSFS is to bring the freedom to fly on the entire planet with almost the same scenery quality.

So I thought Asobo, Microsoft or BlackSharkAI could “train” their AI to model the boats on top of satellite imagery worldwide!
What do you think?

Yep you got my vote. The endless half sunk and flat marinas around all the worlds coasts are prominent. They’re so distinctive … you’d think that’s something that the scenery generation AI could identify and address (I know, easy for me to say :slight_smile: ). Wouldn’t need or want any detailed models - even simple and generic (based on size) would work to give some texture and depth.

1 Like

I think Seafront Simulation are headed into choppy waters if they think that will wash with the buying public.

I had a quick look at their site, and they will be offering UK South East Coast, so they are attempting the OrbX method. No mention of pricing.

Let’s see what Asobo can do in future.

Is this what you’re looking for?

Yes.
But in the contrary, I think this is a priority for this simulated earth as it is quite an immersion killer worldwide and shouldn’t be “too difficult” to address.
I hope it will be a subject in the next Q&A, we could have some very interesting insight from the team.

Hi all!
There was an existing topic on this that has higher vote counts. Unfortunately, we can not merge votes.

Please recast your votes on this topic: