Travel to function not working

when i do a long flight from New York to Paris (both aircraft can do this with full fuel tanks) for example, i want to fast travel at some point over the ocean, but i have issues with both A320 and B787 (both with full fuel)

also, in the “travel to” pop up window, the “points” do not seem to correspond any points of the flight plan. I think it should match and say the name of the point in the “travel to” pop up window

A320:

when the flight resumes, fuel tanks are empty and engines are shutting down, the flight plan in the FMS is sometimes not there anymore, autopilot entries are not the same as before “travel to”

B787:

can’t travel to because it says i do not have enough fuel which is impossible between New York and Paris with full tanks

also, in the “travel to” pop up window, the “points” do not seem to correspond any points of the flight plan. I think it should match and say the name of the point in the “travel to” pop up window

thank you

Playing the Boeing 787 with full fuel and set a route lasting for about 10 hour from Hong Kong to London, but the error shown up when using the travel to function, and cannot even travel to the second half of the curise part, is it really impossible for a 787 to do a 10 hour flight? LOL

4 Likes

Has anyone tried to use the travel to feature on a flight? I got an error saying not enough fuel. I had enough for my trip + alternate + 30 mins. This happened on the 787 I wanted to get from TOC to TOD.

Cheers.

This bug appears even on quite short routes (Warsaw - London). I also have problems with maintaining speed and altitude using the autopilot. Sometimes the plane on AP constantly turns right and left and then crashes. 787 seems to be buggy.

Yes, I just had this. Very annoying. Although it did let me travel forward and then the plane had zero fuel. I even went in and set up a new flight with max fuel… same thing. I then set a flight with unlimited fuel turned on and same thing when using the ‘travel to’ function

Interesting, wonder if it burns more fuel somehow.

Grr. Same here from KJFK to EGLL. Messed with the weights over and over again. The last time I should have been able to fly all the way to inland Turkey, but London was too far. Frustrating.

Seems the Travel To function is completly useless !!

Have the same with my try to use it with the 787, Fuel was empty after “Travel To” and I crashed.

Another try today: A320 flightplan loaded by pln File. Everything was fine…then I used “Travel to descent”…Results: After repostioning the plane in the flightplan the waypoint was the one 800nm behind me…but fuel was correct now in the A320…so I tried to edit the flightplan. I used the Direct To function to choose the correct next waypoint from my position now…Resulting in a complete delete of my flightplan !! There was no chance to get the plan back. I could only choose the destination and the approach, navigating direct to the initial approach fix. But no routing before the intial fix was there or could be loaded again in flight…very dissapointing

So please: Why there is a nice Travel To function in the sim without any chance of correct working ? Why I can t tpye in any waypoints in flight if I like to go to a descent point ? Any solutions or workaround ? How could we fly long haul flights without any working function of repositioning the aircraft ?

Greetings

Yep, this is still an issue. Fuel planner tells me I have enough fuel to reach a certain destination in the flight planner. Then use the travel to feature and for long range flights this just doesn’t works as it states you do not have enough fuel.

I hope this gets addressed soon.

Yes, and the communication assist also has a good chance of turning off (even though it shows as ‘on’), And the actual gate/parking destination also disappears from the flight plan, and the autopliot settings need to be reset, and the lights turn off, and the airspeed changes, and so on and on and on.

There are so many things throughout this software that seems to be made by programmers that have no QA process (or time).

This problem happens to me every time when I choose the “travel to” option. For example, I am flying A320NEO, after reaching cruising altitude, I decided to travel to my decent stage. After loading, the plane will shut down in the air (engine off, PFD off). Same problem when I choose other stages such as approach, landing, cruising. The fuel is also completely empty. I have to reset my fuel in the option which is not realistic.

Yeah, i’ve been avoiding travel to function for a while now thanks to those issues. Either I fly in real time now, or use the sim rate to speed things up without jumping to a different phase.

1 Like

On a couple of occasions now I have experienced a total loss of fuel when using the ‘Travel to’ to fast forward a flight. Once with the A320 Neo, with latest Dev Mod (Heathrow to Dubai -starting with max fuel) and again with the 787 (Faro to Heathrow). There seems to be no recovery with loss of both engines, gens and all displays. Trying to do a refuel using the menu does not work either. Anyone else had this experience?

Apart from the above, the A320 Neo seems far less buggy now & the mod is a godsend, although I find control when landing to be ‘poor’. I am still struggling to master the systems and bugs in the B787!

Flying the 787-10 from CYVR - LFPG, I would typically use the Travel To function. In the original release 1.8.3 and thru 1.9.5, there were tons of bugs with this functionality but still useable with workarounds. Now with 1.10.7.0, its completely useable in this flight. I’ll do a couple more test. The default error message when changing flight phases is “You don’t have enough fuel to travel to XXX”. It happens regardless of how the fuel and payload are adjusted mid-flight. I’ll be filing a ZenDesk once replicated with other LH flights, though not expecting a fix anytime soon. Shame. This has otherwise been one of the better patch releases.

Updated to fix 1.10.8.0 Travel To still not working! Freezes up the flight.

I observed this, too, in deliberately creating a low-altitude airways IFR flight plan to practice a 3,000 descent and final approach to the Sedona, AZ airport (KSEZ) flying down from Flagstaff (KFLG). The only TRAVEL TO point that seemed to work right for me is I could jump to FINAL but if I tried DESCENT or APPROACH, I ended up being put somewhere not too far along my flight path near my KFLG departure. At the time I thought it was just newbie ignorance in creating an IFR flight plan or adding some waypoints at the wrong time in the wrong order. I will try to cleanly recreate my IFR flight plan and see if TRAVEL TO still exhibits the same wacky behavior on trying to jump to a flight point. If I get the same whacky behavior out of TRAVEL TO, I’ll file a Zendesk report.

I have carefully regenerated a Low-Altitude Airways IFR Flight Plan between Flagstaff and Sedona, Arizona. All I had to do was put in Flagstaff (KFLG) for departure and Sedona (KSEZ) for arrival and the IFR Flight Planner in the World Map generated all the intermediate way points for CRUISE, DESCENT, APPROACH, and FINAL. I get the same results as before so there was no previous user error in creating the IFR plan and no user-generated additional waypoints were added.

On clicking FLY on the World Map after saving the plan, then when the plan loaded, Ready to Fly, I opened the TRAVEL TO, the NAVLOG, and the VFR MAP applets and arranged them on the screen as follows:

Not bad for a start but although the TRAVEL TO applet shows by the bar greyed out that I am at the flight departure point, as does the VFR MAP, the elevation profile of TRAVEL TO already has the plane icon at the end of the flight!

Next I hit ESC, then Restart (HOME key), Ready to Fly, then when the shown applet arrangement shows up on the screen again, I double click CRUISE, hit Ready to Fly, then PAUSE ON:

The VFR MAP above shows the plane as it should just having achieved elevation after taking off from KFLG (Flagstaff) but the TRAVEL TO shows the plane midway through the flight!

Hit ESC, Restart, Ready to Fly, follow the above sequence but this time double-click on DESCENT:

Now things are now relatively more out of whack as plane HASN’T moved on VFR MAP from CRUISE position and it’s still shown midway in flight on TRAVEL TO elevation profile.

Hit ESC, Restart Ready to Fly, same sequence overall but double-click on APPROACH in TRAVEL TO:

Even worse! The plane is now at the landing point in the TRAVEL TO elevation profile but it still hasn’t moved from the CRUISE position on the VFR MAP.

Next try ESC, Restart, Ready to Fly, same sequence but double-click on FINAL:

Now on the VFR MAP the plane has moved to close to where it should be for the final approach but in the elevation profile in the TRAVEL TO applet, it’s actually moved backwards and is shown early in its cruising phase!

Lastly, the arrival taxi TRAVEL TO works, kinda:

The plane has arrived at KSEZ but the TRAVEL TO still shows the plane early in its 8,000 ft cruising phase.

I’ve submitted a Zendesk report with some of these screen captures (there is a submission file limit). I hope the TRAVEL TO applet gets fixed sooner rather than later as it’s very helpful for moving around in a flight plan and it would be great if one could apply it to a VFR flight with added waypoints (I haven’t tried TRAVEL TO with an imported Little Navmap VFR flight plan yet).

If anyone wants to try it themselves, here is the .PLN file for the Low-Altitude Airway IFR flight.
20201102 CESSNA 152 KFLG TO KSEZ IFR LOW-ALTITUDE AIRWAYS.PLN (3.3 KB)

Until they fix the bug then you can use VFRmap (free), besides showing your plane on a OpenStreetMap it has a simple yet brilliant ‘teleport’. It will not drain fuel, so you have to do that yourself and i am 99.99% sure that it will not interfere with your flight plan.

1 Like

I’ve got the same problem, but it happens in all my passenger jets!!

Has anyone seen this in known issues, I have reported the issue again, but can’t see that it is being worked on

1 Like