Travel To issues

I reach cruise altitude and want to take the “Travel To”, descent link from the tool to shorten the trip. After clicking on fly and brought back to controlled flight, controlled flight systems are not where I left them. FMS is gone back to NAV 1, throttle has gone to zero, altitude has lost as much at 10k feet, approach and or heading is gone and the plane it self might be a 90 degree angle from the flight plan. Can’t that be fixed? What am I doing wrong?

Yep. System and aircraft state are not saved between points.

2 Likes

I just wanted to put an update here for @FoolishApple702.

“He’s using the Cessna Citation Longitude. The HSI showed it was set to go to X waypoint and indicated it was closing on that waypoint, the plane was in fact traveling 180 degrees away.”

If I move to descent or approach using “travel to” then the aircraft (TBM) is losing main settings: navigation source and fixed altitude among the others. Does it happen also to somebody else please?
Thanks
andrea

I have exactly same issue

The Travel To doesn’t preserve aircraft or system states. If you had AP on, it will be off, decicing on, it will be off. Etc. I raised this as a bug in October.

1 Like

I’m an eyebrow away from unloading this 2020 FSX of Microsoft’s. Three update’s today alone and nothing that fixes any of my issues. Now my FMS is gone. Co pilot askes for a push back then goes to the bathroom while the push back goes on and on and on through taxi way, run ways, grass and maybe even someone’s back yard for al I know, and I can’t stop it!!!
This is most likely in the wrong place but that’s another issue. I see other entry’s of travel to issues but three updates in one day and nothing but a loss of FMS for me. I’m tired of this ■■■■

and no reply I guess from Asobo…

I have the same issue. Actually for the B747 it worked quite well until the latest update. Had to reactivate all the systems, but at least the cruise altitude and speed remained the same 100% of the time. Now in 2 out of 3 times I spawned at around 2000 ft and 450 knots…For the B787 it doesn’t work at all, always ‘not enough fuel’. Really hope this will get fixed in the future.

Found after the last update the ‘Travel Too’ feature is emerging the plane at 1500ft at top of decent when the plane should still be around cruising altitude. Anyone else seeing this?

I first saw this with the 748 but thought it was that aircraft. I’ve been spending so much time with GA I didn’t notice that the ‘Travel To’ feature appears to be broken.

For an Atlanta private jet flight to Cali when your short on real world time the feature comes in handy.

then why reply?

1 Like

You can try the teleport function in developer mode to get around the problem, or put the plane back at altitude with slew mode (Y then F4 to raise the plane, Y again to resume flight)

Just an FYI, this appears to have been addressed with the second download of ‘v1.17.3.0’. In ‘Travel To’ you have a square marker that signifies top of decent which was never correct before, going back to initial release. Now if you click on that box you are maybe five minutes out from ATC’s first call to descend. Tried this on many flights after the second patch and it works perfect. With the initial release of ‘v1.17.3.0’ that box would spawn you at 2500ft (depending on destination field altitude) 30 miles out from the airport. As always there was no mention in the patch notes of what Asobo fixed in the second download of the same patch but it looks like this was fixed or should I say addressed as it works different than it initially did.

There should be more votes on this but just the same as you described when you use the ‘Travel To’ feature items are disconnected that should not be. Case in point, AP is disconnected, AT disconnected, lights are off, and Pitot heat off. Asobo promised a fix months ago and that has not happened.

‘Travel to’ for me is basically worthless. I traveled in CRJ to final and the plane came in cold and dark, no power no engines and just started plummeting. Granted it could behave differently on different machines but its no use to me.

It is basically worthless in its current state as you say. I struggle to understand why this bug was not addressed - such a quick win for Asobo. My assumption is the XBox platform rollout took priority. Maybe soon it will be fixed :rofl:

1 Like

This is really amazing, a core feature which is still not working correctly. I don’t think they are even aware of the issues.

2 Likes

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Travel To has never fully been fixed and this is the case after SU10. I use this mostly with the Longitude. When spawned to top of decent the autopilot is disconnected, pitot heat is off, throttle pulled full back meaning I have to advance it to regain speed, and the aircraft is in a slight dive. We at least had the autopilot holding speed and altitude after SU8 but SU9 broke this feature into problems was never addressed after SU10. We need the condition of the aircraft to be the same as it was when we first hit the ‘Travel To’ option to advance the flight (AP, AT, Pitot Heat, NAV setting ex.).

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

This problem happens whenever the ‘Travel To’ option is chosen.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

This has been an ongoing problem since the sim was first released. It got better at times with Sim Updates and then got worse.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: