TRC Simkits: any reviews or recommendation appreciated

I am interested in the TRC Simkits rudder pedals as they are the most closely designed to GA aircraft in terms of spacing width and rudder axis movement. I have now sent them 3 emails trying to confirm that this product is in stock and a rough estimate as to when it would ship the the US, but I haven’t heard anything back from them. This makes me a bit skeptical of sending them $800+ for the pedals plus shipping if they won’t even respond to any emails. Does anyone have any experience in dealing with them? I don’t want to send my money into a “black hole” and not receive a product nor get any updates and be left wondering if I just threw my money away.

Thanks,

Jay

Their prices seem high.

As to trying to get a hold of them - This is the “holiday season” and on their website it says that they are suffering from COVID-19 related staffing shortages.

Have you looked at the Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. I have them and they work GREAT!!!

They are a bit high, for sure. Which is why I am so hesitant. I was really wanting to build a sim cockpit that closely resembles the tea thing and their pedals are the only ones that are constructed with the same action as GA aircraft with the pivot below the “floor”, and GA style pedals with close spacing between the pedals. They are also easily upgradable to a dual cockpit by simply buying another set and the mechanical connector that joins the two together; no need to even connect the second set to the computer. I’m sorry but there’s no excuse to not be able to reply to a quick email. I understand there’s delays in manufacturing and shipping and I’m patient to wait (I’ve been waiting on my fulcrum yoke to ship for a month now, no response to my emails there either, but that’s another story).

The Thrustmaster TPR pedals look to be of high quality as well, and have hall-effect sensors so that’s an upgrade over the TRC’s pedals. But they are the airliner style pedals and have much larger spacing between the pedals. There’s also the Redbird RD1 pedals, which are GA style but have the incorrect slide type of action and are spaced a little too far apart. They also only have potentiometers and not hall-effect sensors, so the TPR’s win out there as well. But frankly, if I can’t seem to get a response from a company that’s overseas and has much lower production, I will likely just have to settle for the TPR’s.

This is exactly my experience with them, too. When MSFS launched two years ago, I sent them several emails because I wanted to spend thousands on a home cockpit. None of those messages were answered.

I don’t know anything about their pedals. I didn’t even know they sold pedals on their site because I have given up on them. If they won’t answer my emails before I’ve given them money, I sure won’t trust them to answer my emails after I’ve given them money.

I don’t know if the Virtual Fly Ruddo pedals suit your needs, but they are GA-style, too. They’re more expensive than the SimKits, but they have hall effect sensors. I don’t own these pedals, but I own other peripherals, and their support has been incredibly responsive, both before and after sales. Unfortunately, they just had a Black Friday sale a month ago when they were 15% off.

I know about the Virtual Fly stuff. Does look to be good quality. I’m not crazy about how far the pedals are spaced on those, and they look to have the pivot in the center which is not accurate either. Plus they are a few hundred more dollars.

Perhaps I’m too hung up on how the TRC’s mimic the GA style in pedal design, spacing and movement action and just need to get over it. I would say if I rule out the TRC’s and the Ruddo’s, I think I’m between the TPR’s and the Redbird RD1’s.

I have 2 sets of TRC rudder pedals linked together that I have had for about 7 years. They are sturdy They have served me well. Worth the $715.00 price. Feb 4 2023

Thanks for the feedback! Have you ever had to contact them for customer service?

Not for the rudder pedals . They have responded fast in other inquiries I’ve had .
Bill Davis ( Correction on last post : the Pedals are 715 Euros , not $$ ).

1 Like

Interesting! That’s good to know!

Thanks for your input, I guess that’s a little bit more reassuring. I currently have a fulcrum yoke on order that has been somewhat of a frustrating process, and although it’s a completely different company, still makes me worry to deal with a company overseas (I’m in the US).

I’m looking into perhaps using real rudder pedal linkage and building them into a purpose built cockpit as an alternative. This would actually be a lot cheaper, especially if I build a dual setup.

I’m curious how the brake axis feels. Is it more spring like, or does resistance build quickly and have more of a firm feel (less travel and more pressure required)?

The pedals will apply more pressure as it is pushed down. I installed springs from a hardware store between the potentiometer rod and the brake pedal to give me an effect of “feedback”…It works good for me .

Thanks for the reply. So out of the box there wasn’t enough resistance for your liking? I was hoping for a more realistic brake pedal feel. Trying to justify forking over this much cash for them hasn’t been easy. Then there’s explaining it to my wife.